Tubeless Rim Tape

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
My ROAD wheels are still going strong after 1yr tubeless on blue tape. The tape over one of the spokes holes has "inflated inwards" so to speak, but holding up 60-70psi no worries.

Actually, don't let the bike industry know or they are going to rebrand it and sell it for 25AUD a roll.
$25..... Bwahahaha

It's a 50m roll, $100 mimimum.

defy1

Likes Bikes
I concur, read this thread and used the blue bear masking tape on my new carbons wheels. Works perfect.
Also tried the Norton cloth tape on another wheel set and works fine as well.
Why pay quadruple the price for Gorilla tape beats me.

deano

Likes Dirt
Another candidate? Floor marking tape from office works, $6, 47mm X 33m, cut to 30mm and 17mm for my 30mm inner rims. One 17mm wrap in spoke channel, one 30mm over this. Been using it a couple of months now, no issues.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Any other ghetto tape recommendations for a wheel with a 30mm inner width?
I just taped up some Hope W35s (35mm internal) yesterday with the Bear outdoor masking tape. One run on each side gives a double layer in the spoke bed, no problems at all.

I did the same with my Zelvys that had 30mm internal. Never had an issue, seal was perfect.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used some filament tape from officeworks on my crests. 24mm was perfect for the rim and it seems pretty solid. Did 2 layers

nelsti

Likes Bikes
I just taped up some Hope W35s (35mm internal) yesterday with the Bear outdoor masking tape. One run on each side gives a double layer in the spoke bed, no problems at all.

I did the same with my Zelvys that had 30mm internal. Never had an issue, seal was perfect.
Cheers, I also picked up a few extra things to try out some diy downtube protection.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry for the epic thread dig, but it looks like Bear outdoor masking tape is no longer made so what is the new coolaid?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I looked on the Norton website and couldn’t find it. Looked at Bunnings online and couldn’t see anything similar. I’ll do a trip in and see if it’s there.
In case it’s not, is there a viable alternative?