Tubeless setup

PJO

in me vL comy
Yep I'm three for recommending Ali tape. I got some Ztto tape ages ago for $5 and it's a significant improvement over the bear outdoor tape.
Not this stuff though?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Not this stuff though?
That looks like the stuff I used. Was a bit stretchy but not super sticky. Taped a couple of wheels with it and worked well. At first it didn't seem to stick great but when I took the tyres off after a month or so it had pushed into the rim and sealed nicely. I did use one new rim and cleaned the other rime really well though.

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
That looks like the stuff I used. Was a bit stretchy but not super sticky. Taped a couple of wheels with it and worked well. At first it didn't seem to stick great but when I took the tyres off after a month or so it had pushed into the rim and sealed nicely. I did use one new rim and cleaned the other rime really well though.
I couldn't get it to stick down. Rim was new and thoroughly cleaned with alcohol. Even put a tube in for a day but it didn't stick.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I got this.

But there's also

and this TESA Tape is rebranded as Stans Tape

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I got this.

But there's also

and this TESA Tape is rebranded as Stans Tape

That one in the middle looks like the tape Spank use. It is probably the worst tubeless tape I have ever used. Way to hard to conform to the rim profile, fairly thick, and almost no adhesive properties whatsoever. Had to hold the start of the tape run until you were ready to overlap and quickly pull your finger/thumb away and stick the overlap down so it didn't unravel the entire way around the rim at once. Cannot recommend strongly enough to avoid.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But those 50m rolls :oops:

10m rolls are ok for you lot who have a couple of your own bikes, I have a couple of hallions smashing rims regularly, 50m rolls for $17 are gold ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Available in 20mm and 40mm widths.....?
I'm neither a gravel rider or a fatbike rider. :(
Was more about my experience with the Tesa brand from Ali. Yes my usual seller has no stock.

You should find 25mm x 50m here for your XC dwncunty bike :)

moorey

call me Mia