Tubeless setup

T-Rex

Template denier
Canne get the tyre to seat with a floor pump and it is frustrating.
Assume I need a compressor??
See if you can get your hands on a 9 litre water fire extinguisher. Places that service fire extinguishers often have decommissioned ones. Empty the water out, then pressurise to 100 psi using the inbuilt Schrader valve. Make up a bit of tube to adapt the nozzle down to fit over the valve. Remove the valve core, connect up the extinguisher and squeeze the handle. The large volume of air quickly delivered will defeat any difficult tyre/rim combo.

I developed this solution probably 10-12 years ago, works a treat.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Once Figbo0t is done then I'll be next in line to borrow the wisdom.

Anyhow, tube's are like solidified latex sealant anyhow. I can't remember her last time I've had a flat and just keep riding them... Whoops.....
I had a Maxxis DH tube lying around and installed on the rear of a hardtail I built up over Christmas, I went out onto the street for a quick ride and had a small case on the gutter and waited for the Pisssssh to happen but nothing.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Kinda relevant to this thread, but is stigmata related to Stans sealant at all? Been running tubeless for years, but believe it or not, this is my first time with Stans. Tyres didn't weep like this using previous sealants (Caffelatex and Mitas).

nathanm

Eats Squid
I've always used stans and only recently noticed my tyres weeping, just thought it was due to pin holes and weeping through tyres that were wearing out. i did notice it dissapeared really, really quickly though. the kid also ran over a tack the other day and the stans couldn't seal it.

have just started using Joe's, no idea if it will be better or worse as I was riding so infrequently I never had to use it.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I came across this video a couple of days ago. Thought it was cute.

Youtube is watching me ....

BT180

Max Pfaff
Maybe it's a combo with the Conti tyres, but the areas aren't in wear spots where it's weeping. Only bought the Stans because i was desperate for some that day and it's all the LBS stocked.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I reckon ambient temperature has a lot to do with how well tyre sealant works but I've never been a big fan of stans.

The Mitus works well on the conti tyres, it's the only tyre I have that hasn't needed a top up every 3 months.

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe it's a combo with the Conti tyres, but the areas aren't in wear spots where it's weeping. Only bought the Stans because i was desperate for some that day and it's all the LBS stocked.
Buy the Stans race, or add glitter. The standard one isn’t as good.

Still more successful that cafelattex for me.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Will probs go back to the Mitas after this. I did like the Caffelatex, but it played havoc with my valves. Thinking the Stans race will be similar.

moorey

call me Mia
And if all this fails, also wrap a strap around the whole tyre and pull it tight, then airshot/air tank/compressor. Last resort, always works.
LTIL - @moorey's trick of wrapping a strap around a tyre to get it to mount tubeless. I had a real uncooperative Schwalbe that wouldn't even go up with the compressor on it and was just bubbling around the tyre bead. Got a ratchet strap out (didn't use the ratchet part), pulled it tight by hand, hit the compressor again and hey presto! An inflated tyre. Cheers mate!
Pics of what I do, to give the idea.
Pull tight AF. I didn’t want to completely de-air the tyre just for the pic.