tubes that piss me off to the maxamus

Name

Likes Bikes
I just wanna say that IRC downhill tire tubes r so farkin gay. I hav got so many pinch flats and general punctures wit them its not funny. do not buy them. they r shit!

S.

ex offender
Really? Sure it's not the tyres or the low pressures or the rocks...? I haven't had a single flat with em.

Name

Likes Bikes
I got geax 2.7 somthing on the front and a maxxis 2.5 high roller on the bak. the bak busts up every sencond run, i've tryed putin 2 tubes over it it still fucks up. Very annoying.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have run them for ages and i have been getting a few flats in the last month or so but thats my fault cause high speeds + rocks + low psi = a pinch flat but b4 i became pesure slut and ran a decent amout of it i never got a flat on one so now i run a bit more air in em and it's fine and when it's not rocky i let some air out

and also is the maxxis a single ply or dual ply i have a single ply on the rear i dont think that helps much as the side walls are papper thin maybe you should try a thicker side wall tire?

oh and also what rims are you running?

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm running standard IRC tubes on the duallie. mobster 2.5 rear, 2.7 front. one flat in 8 months, and i'm a big fat bastard who lands heavy.
either checkyour pressure, or check your rims/tyres. theres something wrong somewhere.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I've got a standard IRC 1.5 in my big fat Kujo and haven't flatted. I might not be that big, but my severe lack of skill makes up for my lack of mass.

bazza

look at me
i run some 2 dollar tube under my michy and never pinch flated it, but i had to wreck it because someone super glued the cap on......grrrrr. but i was running a michy tyre up front (the big ones) so that protected him! when i was running a tioga 2.1 when i first got my bike i couldnt complet a race dh run without pinchflating. it was soooo fucked up.

Tankass

Likes Dirt
forget those DH tubes be it irc or maxxis or those expensive nokian uni tubes.they sucks.if u r running 24" in the rear,go for motorcycle tubes.i m running those cheapo taiwan motorcycle 24" tubes 3.0-3.6"
supreme for low tire pressure.material thicker than dh tube.weight is more or less the same.price?less than 6 bucks aussie.to be precise,7bucks SDG.