Turkey Tree Issues

What do you want to do with this tree?

• Total voters

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This tree attracted some debate this morning. the smaller one on the left is the one in question. Vote away.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
How big are the ones behind the guy on the right?
I'd chop the left one if there's no better option for track realignment. That big one on the left will take oout the little one when it goes. And handle bar strikes will possibly kill the little one anyway.
I always try find away around trees for tracks. But if it doesn't have much of a future anyway, cut away.
Is it part of the big tree?
Would ratcheting it work? Looks like it'd snap.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
I will try and ratchet it over this arv, if I can get it over 3-4 inches should be alright if not than I'm ok with cutting it out.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
So I went down this arv to see what I could do to take the tree over a bit, initial distance between trees was 840 mm, after ratchet was applied managed to get 950mm. Every couple of weeks if we take it over a bit more until we get a metre or so and then we can wire it into place with a bit of protection on the small tree so the wire does not cut into it.
Obviously we have to watch the poll and if what I have done is not sufficient we will have to possibly cut it out.2012-08-25_17-30-17_578.jpg

Last edited:

Hal32

Squid
Good work Pete. I like tha you've tried to look after the tree, rather than go straight to destroy mode.

After it's been tied back for a month or so, it should stay there without the strapping thing-o. But I'm guessing you knew that anyway.

boltz

Likes Dirt
Has this tree suddenly started to lean in, or is it the same as it's always been.
If it's the same, we've run 2 DX races without any major complaints, the guys with wide bars have posted cracking times, so what's the problem?

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has this tree suddenly started to lean in, or is it the same as it's always been.
If it's the same, we've run 2 DX races without any major complaints, the guys with wide bars have posted cracking times, so what's the problem?
No huge dramas mate just keen to try and increase some flow to this section and others like it.

Good show Young Pete, see how it rides I suppose.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Has anyone ridden this secion today that can confirm if its any better now that the small tree has been pulled out of the way?

Pete, bench away mate definitely needs it.

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is easier to ride but will definately need the benching as you now naturally ride on the blown out line as you can hit it faster. sounds like Old young pete is all over it though.