VIC Sold

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new one's lighter I think?
Indeed, but not as light as say the new Pivot Mach 4 or the Intense Sniper. It's definitely trail bike category but I was eyeing it off very closely that's for sure due to both being DW Link and very versatile.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, I thought you were comparing to the old Ripley.
Ah ok. The OG Ripley was a direct competitor to the Czar back in the day. Never managed to get a leg over one but being DW Link bike, I'm sure it's fantastic.

New pivot reads similar (geo etc) and looks very similar to the Czar....
Yeah, very close. Just lighter, bit more aggressive in the Geo and internal routing. It's basically what you could imagine Turner would release if they did a V2 Czar.

There's a few videos up on Vimeo with some tech stuff on the new Pivot too.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Guy in the Pinkbike review is a big fan of the electronic Fox suspension on the new Mach 4.

I'm afraid to ask what that build will cost here. But I think you should spec it so we can all live vicariously through you.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Guy in the Pinkbike review is a big fan of the electronic Fox suspension on the new Mach 4.

I'm afraid to ask what that build will cost here. But I think you should spec it so we can all live vicariously through you.
With the live valve, does a quality suspension design like the DW become redundant anyway?

Z

Zaf

Because this seems to be the new default XC thread, leaked photo of the new Trek XC race bike with hidden/integrated shock:

Man, Trek are doing some weird things. They've slowly stretched the Fuel EX in travel, now the new Top Fuel is released 115/120mm and pretty much what a Fuel EX was three years ago, and now they're reviving the Superfly as their pure XC race rig because the Top Fuel moved out of that role.
Mind you, you can now choose a bike at 15mm rear travel resolution up the range.

Also GLWS Slider, and I hope Live Valve is reliable for you and look forward to the review of how it is in person on a day to day basis.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
16k is uh...a little out of mine or anyone elses price range. But if you guys all wanna chip in, I'll happily ride and review it

Primer is now sold, and the new frame I was looking at is an XC race frame so I realise the Czar might just be redundant too

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the live valve, does a quality suspension design like the DW become redundant anyway?
Good question, and probably. Why not go to a simple and light single pivot system and use live valve.

But if live valve is a 200/300g penalty, well there's the difference between a single pivot and duel pivot design anyway

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Because this seems to be the new default XC thread, leaked photo of the new Trek XC race bike with hidden/integrated shock:

Not a massive fan either. Trek MTBs aren't curvy. Leave that to the road bikes.

The Kmart Grey doesn't help.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So uh, I've pulled the trigger on a new XC frame so this is going to end up being surplus to requirements.

Has since had a full new bushing set installed and is riding as good as ever. When the new one rocks up and a strip it I'll take a bunch of new pictures. Most likely after the coming weekend.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So uh, I've pulled the trigger on a new XC frame so this is going to end up being surplus to requirements.

Has since had a full new bushing set installed and is riding as good as ever. When the new one rocks up and a strip it I'll take a bunch of new pictures. Most likely after the coming weekend.
Oh, Whadyabuy?