Turning off notification emails

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Hi All

I've been getting notification emails every time someone posts in a thread I'm following. Any idea on how to turn this off?
All the 'alerts' boxes in my preferences are unticked, as are the 'and receive email notifications' boxes

TIA!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've been getting notification emails every time someone posts in a thread I'm following. Any idea on how to turn this off?
All the 'alerts' boxes in my preferences are unticked, as are the 'and receive email notifications' boxes
Go to Your Account and there's a checkbox under Preferences.

Rorschach

No difference turning the email boxes on/off. Checking the 'alert' box means I get a notification on the site as well.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It must be what 'following' a thread does, I guess you may have to un-follow to stop it for now.

I see that in theory that second check box should stop it, but it may be a back-end issue.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've just started watching this thread, chose without emails, will see what happens for me...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Go here:

Go to the bottom of the page "Select All", and choose "Disable E-mail Notification" from this box and click "Go".

Rorschach

Sweet - thanks @beeb
I haven't gotten notifications for this thread, so suspect it was only picking up threads I posted in before I unticked everything!