Tweet Tweet

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No idea. I asked them specifically when I ordered how far off they were and their response was 'days not weeks', but now it's weeks...
Just hoping the shipping is quick, I'm too old to ride a hard tail full time

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
No idea. I asked them specifically when I ordered how far off they were and their response was 'days not weeks', but now it's weeks...
Just hoping the shipping is quick, I'm too old to ride a hard tail full time
Not having good luck mate. Hope it ships soon.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Wednesday is the alleged delivery date. DHL got me on import duty this time....
DHL are a pain...conscientious fucks that seem to do the paperwork for customs and then sit there with their hand up going pick me..

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DHL are a pain...conscientious fucks that seem to do the paperwork for customs and then sit there with their hand up going pick me..
Tell me about it. For high value stuff Aramex a both good and bad. Good in that you never get slugged with import duty, bad because they are fucking hopeless.
In other news, the delivery confirmation SMS from DHL came this morning so it's officaially new bike day.

yuley95

It's arrived, first impressions are good.
Shock alignment is perfect.
Paint is really good, it's like a matte metallic colour if that makes any sense.
I'm waiting for a couple of things which will arrive tomorrow in theory but I'll get it mostly done tonight
So glad alignment is good. We need photos of whatever progress you make tonight!

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now that I'm not typing on my phone here are some of the good and bad details.
  • Cable routing within the frame is 'tube in tube' which is nice, has ports for rear brake on either side of the head tube
  • Cables are routed under the bottom bracket which I'm not a massive fan of because there is no mechanism to retain the outer a nice cable loop. I'll have to make something so that the cables don't wander around under suspension compression resulting in unwanted rear mech cable tension.
  • 'Bird' branded headset is both good and bad. Good in that it's got lip seals which get compressed onto the frame from the outside providing a positive seal, this does generate a bit of drag but I'm not sure I'll notice that on the trail. The bearings run directly on the carbon frame without cups which I'm not a fan of, I can't think of a good reason why, but it doesn't seem right to me.
  • If I was to be super picky the machining on the rocker is a bit wobbly in places, but they've gone to extreme lengths to get it lighter and it's a reasonably complex shape so a bit of tool chatter really isn't an issue
  • Carbon layup looks good inside the seat tube and head tube, no loose stuff and well compressed without voids that I can see in those locations. Seat tube and bottom bracket were both clean, faced and reamed to the right size.
  • Seat tube length had me worried for a while, I thought a 210mm dropper may be a problem but it fit wtih 30mm to spare
  • Kitsuma is a heavy mother of a shock. My young bloke has already got his eye on it and told me how much better off I'd be if we swapped
  • I got a huge amount of greif from my son about the grips and that they belong on a commuter bike
  • My wife reckons I can find fault with anything but I'm struggling to identify much at this point. If I had to be picky I'm not sold on the rear brake line routing, seat tube compression split is on the front not the back, and the colour is quite unique and hard to coordinate with, apart from that it looks pretty good
Australia Post tracking isn't filling me with confidence that I'll get the brake line and adapter today, it's been making its way to my local distribution centre (thankfully not the Sunshine Black Hole DC) since Sunday without any movement.

yuley95

They’re some stout looking seat stays and chain stays. I reckon having the split in the seat tube facing forward is good - less likely to get mud splattered into it.