Twinsies! (Hecklers for the boys)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've been fortunate enough to have a few dollarydoos lying around when hecklers have been up for grabs, and my boys have been fortunate enough in that they've been too small for me

So boy #1 (3min older) was the first with a heckler. I found this monochrome looking thing as a frame only and built it up with hand me downs. Revelations, 10sp slx, xt brakes, Haven wheelset. He's a big Linkin Park fan so he got a nice grey sticker to make it more his own.

Boy #2 was a bit more difficult, I got a bare frame with no bolt ons, and it was plain white. Found another heckler to strip bits off and painted the front triangle red to go with his musical tastes a bit more. Fox 32 forks, xt 10sp driveline, xt brakes, Stan's crest on pro2 hubs. He loves his old-school metal so got an iron maiden sticker.

Bored dad = spoilt kids

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looking good! And while Linkin Park suck, the rock band stickers look sweet and iron maiden definitely make up for it

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Looking good! And while Linkin Park suck, the rock band stickers look sweet and iron maiden definitely make up for it
There's much worse things a 13 year old could be listening to. I'm thanking my lucky stars to be honest.

His brother definitely has better taste though...

Sweet rides, I, also thought Linkin Park were dead. You learn something every day
Nah, only the lead singer

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's much worse things a 13 year old could be listening to. I'm thanking my lucky stars to be honest.

His brother definitely has better taste though...

Nah, only the lead singer

True, at 13 my tape collection was a conglomeration of great and inappropriate music. Foreshadowing perhaps?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Ahh the joy of twins...don't you just love having to buy 2 of everything!
blessed they say!...am yet to see it
I and trying to track down 2 X Marin Hawk Hill Jr frames at present for my boys, might have to tell them to wait until they are big enough for a 2sixer
PM me when the want to upgrade and move the Hecklers on......I like the wheels on the red one ;)

slowmick

38-39"
awesome work plank. love the maiden sticker. they are really nicely put together. you should be proud. there a plenty of bike companies that could take a design lesson.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks everyone, they were a blast to build and gave me all sorts of warm fuzzies making them just so for the boys. The grey one has been right for a little while now, but I was super excited to get this little red beastie all together finally after saving all the parts up. That photo shoot was a long time in the making.

Young Matty was stoked to see the maiden bike together when he got home tonight, hopped straight on. He's kinda scared of riding (cerebral palsy) but I get the feeling this personalised beastie might help that a little. Fingers crossed. And if not, the build was 95% about me anyway

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm hoping you have been blasting some maiden with the boys tonight? I figure given that they are mountain bikes, run to Hills is perfect!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
see the bike build as therapy for both you and your son,
its tough being a dad to multiples let alone being a dad with kids that have other stuff going on behind the scenes too..
#dadoftheyear

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'm hoping you have been blasting some maiden with the boys tonight? I figure given that they are mountain bikes, run to Hills is perfect!
nah, he sat in his room with his guitar plucking out what he knows from "wasted years" and metallica's "one"
i feel this was acceptable :D

see the bike build as therapy for both you and your son,
its tough being a dad to multiples let alone being a dad with kids that have other stuff going on behind the scenes too..
#dadoftheyear
awww, shucks :p

the 2 boys are only half as tough as our one daughter though. i have a mate with 3 girls, cant even remotely comprehend what he must go through on a daily basis!