Tyre Warranty ?

Exie

Likes Dirt
Hey folks,

Quick update, got an SMS from the shop today.
"Hi, I have spoken to Maxxis and we expect a replacement tyre for you. It will arrive in 5-7 days from now"

So, good to have news, and its good news at that! Maybe when he said they'll get back to me in a few weeks he was just covering his butt.

At any rate, Maxxis seem to want to resolve the issue, its the first time I've had a faulty Maxxis tyre, so its good to know they'll give me a good one and I'll be on the trails again.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Still.......at 1200% margin on retail, you'd think they'd have a few in stock. Be pretty easy to flick you a newie from stock, and keep the maxxis replacement, and keep you on the trails without too much delay.

evad

Likes Bikes
I had the same issue with an Ikon, ripped a knob off that tore through the casing first ride, hole was to big for the stans to seal. I bought it on line from an Aus shop so sent a short vid of damage. They said tires don't have warranty but in this case... Ended up getting sent a new one. I did a patch job on the old one then pinch flatted the sidewall on a rocky downhill. I have put 6 patches on it in about 3 months. The side walls are pretty flimsy I've been running 40 psi in the new one without issue, I have always run around 28psi previously (crossmark, ardent, advantage, nevgal, nobby nic, xr3, etc) I like maxxis tires and theses are light and fast with good cornering, maybe not the best for baby head downhills.

camo71

Likes Dirt
I've had an Ardent I bought from an online store go bubbly at around six months , store asked for pics and shipped out a replacement free , a couple of days later . Was pretty happy with that .

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I've had an Ardent I bought from an online store go bubbly at around six months , store asked for pics and shipped out a replacement free , a couple of days later . Was pretty happy with that .
Yep. I've had exact same with Maxxis and from online. Pictures but no need to send back. Makes me think Maxxis either has great customer service or know they have a problem.