Tyres are killing my fun... Help bring the fun back...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It makes me want to get rid of my Assguy.
Such good looking tyres haha.
Yeah, I must confess the bling factor helped me “justify” the spend. I now “need” a rear one to match...

But even a numpty like me can tell they’re bloody awesome to ride. Feels indestructible and corners really well even on sandy Stromlo hard pack.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Very true. As to my DD or similar casing reasoning as the lad is carrying an extra 40kg on me. (No disrespect intended) I've never had an issue with EXO but I'm thinking DD might be a bit more appropriate. Especially on a HT.
I’m 100kg nude and have found DD stopped me ruining tyres... I think Schwalbe use super gravity which also make me happy...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I’m 100kg nude and have found DD stopped me ruining tyres... I think Schwalbe use super gravity which also make me happy...
And by riding nude you save 2-3kg that would have been taken up with clothes and kit. Run whatever tyre you like then cos nothing weights 3kg. That's what I've found anyway...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I run 18/24... Another thing about the rowdy Michelins, they’re almost like runflats!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
So 115kg kitted up. Ride XC/Trail On a steel 29 hardtail. Carbon rims tyre pressures around 28-30psi.

i have killed 3 Maxxis tyres in 3 months - Ikon 2.2 exo 3c tr, ikon 2.35 exo 3c tr and an ardent race 2.35 exo 3c tr.

One cut side wall and he other 2 cut in the tread surface. All on the rear of my bike.

I love the 2.35 bag size but ffs I want something that has low rolling resistance and is tougher. Yes we are in drought and all manor of shitty Little Rock’s are poking through on the trails but I’m over it after my third walk out today.

Hit me with some recommendations for a tough low rolling resistance tyre and allow a little less walking and a lot more fun back.

Also FYI I have fuck all idea or interest in all the initials on tyres so I’m guessing this is part of my downfall...
Schwalbe Super Gravity casing tyres are good. I'm the same weight and haven't had a problem at all. Magic Mary SG front, Hans Dampf SG rear.

ForkinGreat

Great combo....though the ‘rolling resistance’ crowd would have conniptions.
True, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about rolling resistance when I have GRIP. Washing out at the front is one of the worst frikken feelings on a bike, IMO.
There is a Schwalbe Rock Razor SG for the rear if lower rolling resistance is important.

moorey

call me Mia
True, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about rolling resistance when I have GRIP. Washing out at the front is one of the worst frikken feelings on a bike, IMO.
There is a Schwalbe Rock Razor SG for the rear if lower rolling resistance is important.
I’m with you. OP isn’t.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I actually find hitting the dirt after the front washes out a worse feeling...More physical. Minion DHF front for me at the mo. Love the Mary for a front too

ForkinGreat

I’m with you. OP isn’t.
Well, the OP is obviously wrong, and must be schooled on the matter. :)

115kg plus hardtail plus carbon rims plus 30psi = get some tougher tyres like Maxxis DD or Schwalbe SG casings, IMO.

snakeskin, regular exo and the like may also get cut up the same with attendant Stans fluid Bukkake party. just saying.

So 115kg kitted up. Ride XC/Trail On a steel 29 hardtail. Carbon rims tyre pressures around 28-30psi.

Hit me with some recommendations for a tough low rolling resistance tyre and allow a little less walking and a lot more fun back.

Also FYI I have fuck all idea or interest in all the initials on tyres so I’m guessing this is part of my downfall...