Tyres

Aman

Likes Bikes
I bought some WTB Vilosaraptors and there a good price, only $40 each.

What I want to know is why are tyres like hutchinsons so expensive and what is the best tyre for australian gravel !!!

Ty

Eats Squid
coz there made in france.

edit: and i think they invest alot in R&D and don't produce as many tires a year compred to a company like maxxis (maxxis also make tires for Cars, trucks, remote controll cars)

fastrider gus

super huck
huchies are cool as! i had a jumbo (2.4.. more like 2.7!!) and it lasted for about 16 months!! its still got grip on it now~!!! tankie tyres.. they should make them in 24"

Aman

Likes Bikes
What do you think of WTB's, you recon there worth it. What's a good tyre for gravel, the WTB's grip, but I had stock standard Huch. Moskitos when I bought my bike and they don't seem to grip that good on gravel.

Aman

Likes Bikes
I wanta get a pair of hutch. DH tyres but they cost $100+ whats a good value tyre that'll do the job !!!

Ty

Eats Squid
yeah i noticed the thin sidewalls on WTBs aswell, i think they are more an aggressive trailriding tire than a DH tire.

Aman

Likes Bikes
I wouldn't use WTB's for DH there made for XC and they seem to work well for that !!! I got a Giant Iguana and I can't really do DH on that little thing.

By the way does anyone know how to change that name under your user name, (I hate that HUFFY OWNER) I don't know shit about computers !!!

Aman

Likes Bikes
So how much do you need for MTB enthusiast and PRO !!!

I need that info on a good tyre for gravel !!!

fastrider gus

super huck
yea i got my huchy for about $20 new! are you guys talking about tubeless ones?
whats the new WTb DH tyre? it doesnt look too bad, but you cant realy tell what they ride like by looking at them hey.

grovesy

Likes Dirt
I run conti verticals on one of my bikes $30each, don't know of anyones had probs with these. So far I've had none on gravel or loamy stuff.I'm buying another pair.

trobb

Likes Dirt
i can't have wtb's because i have tubeles and i like to run them at low preasure. if you have thin side walls than you can still get pinch flates even if you don't have tubeles. it's not Australian but intense tyres rock. i would get them.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Judging by your frame (Giant Iquana). The biggest you can go safely is 2.35" Good DH tyres in that range are IRC Kujo DH's or Michelin WG Comp 24's.

If you don't want to pay the DH price tag, then WTB Mutano Raptors or IRC Trailbears are around the $40-$50 mark. Both 2.25"