Ty's Tour De France thread

Ty

Eats Squid
i know it's about roadies, and if you don't like roadies keep it to yourself and don't start anything here.

Day one - Prologue - Paris

1 096 MC GEE Bradley AUS FDJ in 07' 26"
2 061 MILLAR David GBR COF at 00' 00"
3 179 ZUBELDIA Haimar ESP EUS at 00' 02"
4 131 ULLRICH Jan GER TBI at 00' 02"
5 008 PENA Victor Hugo COL USP at 00' 06"
6 071 HAMILTON Tyler USA CSC at 00' 06"
7 001 ARMSTRONG Lance USA USP at 00' 07"
8 011 BELOKI Joseba ESP ONE at 00' 09"
9 021 BOTERO Santiago COL TEL at 00' 09"
10 004 EKIMOV Vjatceslav RUS USP at 00' 11"

Ty

Eats Squid
Day 2 - Stage 1 - Saint-Denis

The top six in the stage is:
1. Alessandro Petacchi (Fassa Bortolo)
2. Robbie McEwen (Lotto-Domo)
3. Erik Zabel (Telekom)
4. Baden Cooke (FDJeux.com)
5. Thor Hushovd (C.A)
6. Oscar Freire (Rabobank)

but with a half the peloton getting held up behind a crash in the last Kilometer Mc Gee gets to keep his Yellow Jersey

Yellow - Mc Gee
Green - Mc Ewen
Polka dot - Mengin
White - Flickinger

Ty

Eats Squid
Day 3 - Stage 2 - La Ferté-sous-Jouarre

The top 10 in the 2nd stage is:
1. Baden Cooke
2. Jean-Patrick Nazon
3. Jaan Kirsipuu
4. Erik Zabel
5. Thor Hushovd
6. Robbie McEwen
7. Paolo Bettini
8. Stuart O'Grady
9. Fred Rodriguez
10. Mikel Atetxe

Frederic Finot and Lilian Jegou broke from the pack and lead the race for 197 kilometers before being caught in the last 2 kms
McGee lead out the sprint before being passed by the main sprinters leaving fellow aussie Baden Cooke to take the win.

standings after day 3
Yellow - Mc Gee
Green - Mc Ewen
Polka dot - Mengin
White - Cooke

3 aussies in coloured jererys. yay and stuff

Ty

Eats Squid
Baden Cooke

also Tyler Hamilton started the day with a broken collarbone after yesterdays fall, thats hardcore

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well to Baydon, was a damn good sprint to the line, also kept Mc Gee in the Yellow!

go aussie go!

Ty

Eats Squid
Day 4 - stage 3 - Charleville-Mézières

The top 10 in the 3rd stage are:
1. Alessandro Petacchi (FAS)
2. Romans Vainsteins (CAL)
3. Oscar Freire (RAB)
4. Erik Zabel (TEL)
5. Robbie McEwen (LOT)
6. Luca Paolini (QSD)
7. Olaf Pollack (GST)
8. Angelo Furlan (ALS)
9. Salvatore Commesso (SAE)
10. Stuart O'Grady (C.A)

few crashes today kept everyone on there toes, Cooke and McEwen almost had a digger before the sprint, Alessandro Petacchi took out the win, sorry for the shithouse report but i don't have time time listen to the full coverage today

standings after day 4:

Yellow - Jean-Patrick
Green - Mc Ewen
Polka dot - Mengin
White - Cooke

MrPlow

TMBC
Whens Cadel Evans going to kick some arse in the tour de france? Would be goo to see an (ex) mtber go well, spec an aussie!! I will be there to watch it in 2005!! Taking my mtb too, there would be some sic trails off those hills...........

Ty

Eats Squid
sorry for no update today, basicaly there was a team time trial and UPS kicked everyones arse put put 8 of there riders in the top 10 GC.

and i think cadel busted a sholder or a collar bone or something a few weeks ago

Ivan

Eats Squid
damn UPS is good!

armstrong is such a powerhouse...every year when he wins dus he say "i'll be back" (best arnie impersonation)

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
Sunday July 13

Magic Mayo wins Tour de France eighth stage, Armstrong in yellow

Spain's Iban Mayo won the Tour de France eighth stage
here after a thrilling 219km ride over five alpine climbs to the summit finish here.

American four-time winner Lance Armstrong took the yellow jersey from France's
Richard Virenque on the second of three days in the Alps Sunday.

Mayo, a 25-year-old Basque who rides for the Eusalktel team, escaped from a group
headed by Armstrong and his Spanish rival Josebal Beloki a third of the way up the final
daunting 14.1km climb.

Mayo, who beat Armstrong in the prologue and on an alpine stage of the recent Dauphine
Libere race, sprinted up the 21-hairpin bend climb and crossed the line after 5hr 57min 30sec
of tough climbing to claim his first Tour stage win on his second participation.

Armstrong however made some headway towards his fifth straight yellow jersey after leaving
Jan Ullrich trailing at over a minute behind.

Ryan

Radministrator
That was sweet, L'alpe D'Huez is one epic climb. I can't imagine racing a road bike 180 odd kilometres, then getting to the bottom of that climb and having to race my ass up it, pro roadies are freaks!
Big ups to SBS for giving us Aussies some live Tour action, well worth staying up late for.
Look out for Lance, he didn't seem fazed at all despite being attacked again and again and again in the final climb, just let everyone else show their hands and covered the breaks he had to worry about. The way he chased down Beloki's 12 second gap about half way up was particularly impressive.