ubyk.co.uk how long for delivery??

beejay

Likes Dirt
As the title suggests, anyone purchased from ubyk.co.uk? and how long did it take for delivery?
Got an XX1 shifter ordered and I'm about as patient as a Labrador puppy with ADHD :Banane45: :Banane45: :Banane45:
Cheers.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I got an x1 cassette, 2 months, then went to Europe for two weeks, could have pi ked it up myself with a 1 day detour, got back, arrived 3 weeks later.

Was on back order, but there was nothing, not even in the invoice to say it was, had to email them thrice to find out. Think it was two weeks from arriving in stock.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So a useless retailer then...
Meh.....I was expecting a fair wait. $175 for a PG 1180 cassette, pretty sure there was going to be a trade off somewhere.

I probably ordered after the last stock was sold, but they don't have a stock level indicator like most OL stores. Chuffed they honoured the sale price, if this was the case.

Last edited:

RealizE

Likes Bikes
I ordered a Hope stem back in September, it took 3 weeks to get here. It was still way cheaper than CRC/Wiggle so worth the wait I guess.

beejay

Likes Dirt
Item is in stock as per website.

I got an x1 cassette, 2 months, then went to Europe for two weeks, could have pi ked it up myself with a 1 day detour, got back, arrived 3 weeks later.

Was on back order, but there was nothing, not even in the invoice to say it was, had to email them thrice to find out. Think it was two weeks from arriving in stock.
Ouch!!!! Hope I avoid that Knuckles.

RealizE said:
I ordered a Hope stem back in September, it took 3 weeks to get here. It was still way cheaper than CRC/Wiggle so worth the wait I guess.
Okay, I can wait that long.

stirk

Burner
I'm about as patient as a Labrador puppy with ADHD
Cheers.
I have one of these dogs now and ADHD stands for Alwyas Damn Hungry Dog!

She ate half a block of butter today, stolen off the kitchen bench, came out the other end quickly!

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
My frame only took ~2 weeks from order to delivery. On another note, I ordered a Pike from Bike-discounts on the 28/10 and it landed in Aus. yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it soon... Much excitement:):target:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I have one of these dogs now and ADHD stands for Alwyas Damn Hungry Dog!

She ate half a block of butter today, stolen off the kitchen bench, came out the other end quickly!
A shame she doesn't have worms too. Would have polished up the hardwood floors a treat.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Set of Raceface Atlas pedals, from memory took about 3 - 4 weeks to arrive. They were significantly cheaper than anywhere else at the time, and thankfully I didn't need them in any great rush, so it worked.

But if I needed anything ASAP, they would not be my first choice.

Good luck!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Set of Raceface Atlas pedals, from memory took about 3 - 4 weeks to arrive. They were significantly cheaper than anywhere else at the time, and thankfully I didn't need them in any great rush, so it worked.

But if I needed anything ASAP, they would not be my first choice.

Good luck!
Seems to be SOP. They have some banging deals, but you pay the difference in time.

beejay

Likes Dirt
In the interest of closure.

XX1 shifter posted 6th November 2am E.S.T, arrived today 18th November. So 8 working days from the UK to Cairns.

Happy with that.

JK101

Squid
I have ordered three times from UBYK and delivery ETA is never more than 2 weeks from order with two deliveries received in try first 6 days. Wiggle are fantastic with delivery to Aus. Usually within 5 days to Brisbane. CRC seems to be a lot slower these days and I now don't expect to receive my delivery until at least the second week after the order was placed.

As someone else mentioned above, it is the trade off for often significantly better pricing.