ubyk-pro website

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Sounds like ubyk is alright, pedals came in yesterday, time to fit them on the new pushy!

LJHOR, I hope you've received your handlebars.

LJHOR

Cannon Fodder
Sounds like ubyk is alright, pedals came in yesterday, time to fit them on the new pushy!

LJHOR, I hope you've received your handlebars.
So here's the Update..........Richard, from Ubyk, has got back to me with a tracking number and a thousand apologies as he wasn't receiving emails.
The parcel was sent back to the UK and is on its way again (Royal Mail stuff up). To be honest his staff have gone over and above to help me out. As a sign of good faith he has extended a large discount for my next order through himself direct. Obviously Ill be taking him up on that offer :whoo:

All in all men, although I'm still without my bars as yet (no doubt Christmas / New Year didn't help) they are in Aus and I should receive them shortly I'm satisfied with how its been handled and wish more online store were this customer focused.

Last edited:

madstace

Likes Dirt
So my order was delivered in under a week, pretty good for free post. And unlike CRC, they sent the right part! Their range doesn't compare but if I'm eyeing off something on CRC I'll definitely be checking in with these guys again.

Menzies

Likes Dirt
Anyone noticed that they don't get charged the VAT that UK customers get charged?
Are there any extra charges when it comes into Australia where our GST is able to kick in?

Minlak

custom titis
Anyone noticed that they don't get charged the VAT that UK customers get charged?
Are there any extra charges when it comes into Australia where our GST is able to kick in?
We don't pay VAT as we don't live in their country.

GST threshold in AUS at this moment is still $1000* if order is under that no issue.....

*NB this figure is meant to be changing to $250

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Not impressed by ubyk at all so far. I ordered on 28 June, my order was supposedly shipped on 5 July. NFI where it is.

Ordered from CRC and Wiggle on the 11th and 13th and both those packages have arrived.

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
Not impressed by ubyk at all so far. my order was supposedly shipped on 5 July. NFI where it is.

Ordered from CRC and Wiggle on the 11th and 13th and both those packages have arrived.
I have had a couple of orders from ubyk recently. Happy with the delivery times on each. The only issue I had was one was through Toll for he final bit of the delivery to home and they are as useless as an ebike without a battery. They make auspost look good.

Minlak

custom titis
Not impressed by ubyk at all so far. I ordered on 28 June, my order was supposedly shipped on 5 July. NFI where it is.

Knuckles and Myself had horrible delivery times from them. We wont use them anymore. They are like the "Kogan" of the mountain bike industry. They seem to take orders then order the stock themselves once they have enough orders.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I've had 2 x Hope orders from them over the last couple of months. Not quick but cheap and do get here eventually.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered a set of bars, that where in stock, they shipped straight away via Royal Mail (without tracking) and made it here in 2 weeks. All in all, not too bad for the money I saved.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Plan to make a purchase soon, they increased the price in the last few days so waiting to see if drops again.

Had some emails back and forth that were promplty answered but the last email has gone unanswered..

Looks like the biggest issue is slow delivery times.

teK--

Eats Squid
Both times shipped in 2-3 days via royal mail arrived 10-12 (calendar) days later. Emails returned promptly very happy with their service and prices.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Knuckles and Myself had horrible delivery times from them. We wont use them anymore. They are like the "Kogan" of the mountain bike industry. They seem to take orders then order the stock themselves once they have enough orders.
Praise Cheese-us, my order arrived today. unsure whether I would be in a hurry to buy again. Only if I wasn't in a hurry to get parts. Prices were good.
It's the dispatch & delivery process that was vague as Fark.

teK--

Eats Squid
Praise Cheese-us, my order arrived today. unsure whether I would be in a hurry to buy again. Only if I wasn't in a hurry to get parts. Prices were good.
It's the dispatch & delivery process that was vague as Fark.
The fact they don't keep stock is how they probably keep costs and prices down. I don't have an issue with that even though I'm impatient. But that they would send over $600 worth of gear using untracked royal mail postage is bewildering.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Used once and got very good prices. Was a delay in getting one of the items in the order but was kept informed so wasn't a drama.

Has anyone else noticed the prices on the same item can fluctuate wildly? I ordered a set of Renthal carbon bars at a very cheap price. 5 mins later told a mate and went to show him and the price had risen about $30. 6 or so hours later had another look and they were cheaper again than when I ordered.

Minlak

custom titis
Used once and got very good prices. Was a delay in getting one of the items in the order but was kept informed so wasn't a drama.

Has anyone else noticed the prices on the same item can fluctuate wildly? I ordered a set of Renthal carbon bars at a very cheap price. 5 mins later told a mate and went to show him and the price had risen about $30. 6 or so hours later had another look and they were cheaper again than when I ordered.
You can use a web crawler to set your prices. Basically it gathers all the prices and adjusts your pricing to match with in the parameters you have set. So you can basically always make sure you are the cheapest on any items at any time.

I wouldn't use them again. It was a pain in the ass to buy through them and took over three weeks to land on my doorstep. Items that showed as being "in stock" were not even available but I only got that information after I had made the order.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
They're cheaper (at certain times ) than anywhere else...so if your not in a hurry, they're great.
If you are in a hurry, buy elsewhere.

Simples.