ubyk-pro website

T.3

Likes Dirt
You can use a web crawler to set your prices. Basically it gathers all the prices and adjusts your pricing to match with in the parameters you have set. So you can basically always make sure you are the cheapest on any items at any time.
Ok cool, makes sense, thanks for the info.

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Used once and got very good prices. Was a delay in getting one of the items in the order but was kept informed so wasn't a drama.

Has anyone else noticed the prices on the same item can fluctuate wildly? I ordered a set of Renthal carbon bars at a very cheap price. 5 mins later told a mate and went to show him and the price had risen about $30. 6 or so hours later had another look and they were cheaper again than when I ordered.
The prices fluctuate with respect to exchange rate and updated hourly. So you will find that the prices in GB Pound stay the same.

I ordered a set of wheels about a week ago, estimated delivery at the end of this week, with tracking. Will update.

I got a good price because when Brexit got over the line, the GBP went through the floor. I cashed in. I will get stung for GST on the way in, but the price is still way better than I was quoted in Aus.

T.3

Likes Dirt
The prices fluctuate with respect to exchange rate and updated hourly. So you will find that the prices in GB Pound stay the same.

I ordered a set of wheels about a week ago, estimated delivery at the end of this week, with tracking. Will update.

I got a good price because when Brexit got over the line, the GBP went through the floor. I cashed in. I will get stung for GST on the way in, but the price is still way better than I was quoted in Aus.
Thanks, also makes sense, didn't realise that it would fluctuate that wildly in such a short time though.

pembo6

Squid
Decent postage

In the interests of keeping this thread up to date.
Tue 19 Jul dropper post ordered (way cheaper than anywhere else).
Thurs 21 Jul posted.
Monday morning 1st Aug received.

That's quite reasonable postage time to Perth Australia (Not as good as CRC current postage time, but still acceptable).

pinnin

Likes Dirt
In the interests of keeping this thread up to date.
Tue 19 Jul dropper post ordered (way cheaper than anywhere else).
Thurs 21 Jul posted.
Monday morning 1st Aug received.

That's quite reasonable postage time to Perth Australia (Not as good as CRC current postage time, but still acceptable).
Very nice.

Update on wheels:
Ordered: 19/07/16
Posted: 22/07/16
Landed in Aus: 28/07/16
Released from customs: 29/07/16 (after prompt payment of GST)
Attempted delivery: 1/08/16

Now to sort out collection and survey condition of parcel / wheels.

All in all, not bad.

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Update:

Wheels delivered yesterday, everything was great.

I was a bit worried purely because they were pretty expensive (Zipp 303 NSW Impress) but delivered undamaged.

So my Ubyk experience was pretty positive. I did have a tracking number though. I could see how it would be frustrating without one.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of their prices are pretty good. Looking at the DMR Vault flat pedals which are $109 with free delivery. Only place close is CRC but they don't have the colour I want.

mason33

Likes Dirt
In my recent experiences Ubyk keep the best brands at usually the best prices, it's hardly worth checking CRC anymore they seem to keep second rate brands at full retail or clearance line stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In my recent experiences Ubyk keep the best brands at usually the best prices, it's hardly worth checking CRC anymore they seem to keep second rate brands at full retail or clearance line stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
True, CRC are more expensive on most items these days, as is Wiggle. Evans, Merlin, and several of the German online stores are much better value.

jamesb888

Likes Bikes
The best thing Ubyk is for is building super sexy 16k Yeti dream bikes that I'll never be able to get

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gonzo2

Squid
Update:

Wheels delivered yesterday, everything was great.

I was a bit worried purely because they were pretty expensive (Zipp 303 NSW Impress) but delivered undamaged.

So my Ubyk experience was pretty positive. I did have a tracking number though. I could see how it would be frustrating without one.
Did you get stung with duty and GST?? how much was that all up? I'm thinking of getting the 303 FC disc variety.

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Did you get stung with duty and GST?? how much was that all up? I'm thinking of getting the 303 FC disc variety.
Yes, got stung, as expected.

The wheels were around $3,200, then about $430 on gst and some fee they put on (TNT)

BigDoubleU

Cannon Fodder
Wish I had read this tread before making the mistake of ordering from Ubyk.

2 big problems – misleading stock levels – website shows most items as “in stock” but are not. Waited 17 days for one of the “in stock” items to be sent before changing to another option just to get the order shipped.

Very slow & scary shipping. At the time of ordering didn’t realise that my $750 order was going to be sent untracked! Was relieved to see it finally show up after 24 days bring the total time from order date to 41 days!

To top it all off they also sent the wrong bottom bracket! Slow or no reply to emails – just gave up in the end.

I won’t be making the mistake of using Ubyk again.

mavtd

Cannon Fodder
Just wanted to add to this thread.

I ordered a KS dropper post 25/8. It arrived today (Central Coast NSW).

Happy as....

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ordered some brakes on the 30/08 arrived today, nearly a month. Item's well packed. They price matched within about $5AU of another site as well (ubyk had the colour I wanted) so pretty happy but shipping a tad slow.

Last edited:

ClintC

Likes Dirt
Ordered some brakes on the 30/08 arrived today, nearly a month. Item's well packed. They price matched within about $5AU of another site as well so pretty happy but shipping a tad slow.
What day did they ship? I ordered brakes on the same day. Shipped on the 2nd and not here yet :(.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
Wish I had read this tread before making the mistake of ordering from Ubyk.

2 big problems – misleading stock levels – website shows most items as “in stock” but are not. Waited 17 days for one of the “in stock” items to be sent before changing to another option just to get the order shipped.

Very slow & scary shipping. At the time of ordering didn’t realise that my $750 order was going to be sent untracked! Was relieved to see it finally show up after 24 days bring the total time from order date to 41 days!

To top it all off they also sent the wrong bottom bracket! Slow or no reply to emails – just gave up in the end.

I won’t be making the mistake of using Ubyk again.
I ordered from them yesterday ($370 for a new model reverb) and I've already got a TNT tracking number. Always had good service on the other bits I've ordered. Maybe I've been lucky but they seem a good company to me

tunsis

Likes Bikes
sorry for the thread necro, but these guys are total shysters.

They are UK based. If you use their actual UK site - www.ubyk.co.uk - you get presented with a set of prices + delivery fees applicable for the UK, EU states, USA, most of the rest of the world. You can change currency (including to $AUD) but the underlying price is the same.

Australia as a delivery option is however blocked. When you query this to Ubyk, they instruct you to use their Australia specific site www.ubyk-pro.com

ubyk-pro.com immediately increases the prices of anything by a minimum of 25% for no other reason than being in Australia.

I asked for Ubyks comment as to why is this but they declined to respond, so name and shame.