ubyk-pro website

teK--

Eats Squid
sorry for the thread necro, but these guys are total shysters.

They are UK based. If you use their actual UK site - www.ubyk.co.uk - you get presented with a set of prices + delivery fees applicable for the UK, EU states, USA, most of the rest of the world. You can change currency (including to $AUD) but the underlying price is the same.

Australia as a delivery option is however blocked. When you query this to Ubyk, they instruct you to use their Australia specific site www.ubyk-pro.com

ubyk-pro.com immediately increases the prices of anything by a minimum of 25% for no other reason than being in Australia.

I asked for Ubyks comment as to why is this but they declined to respond, so name and shame.
Their prices to AU are still very competitive for many items (not all). Have bought a few times with them and claimed warranty issues no problem.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
sorry for the thread necro, but these guys are total shysters.

They are UK based. If you use their actual UK site - www.ubyk.co.uk - you get presented with a set of prices + delivery fees applicable for the UK, EU states, USA, most of the rest of the world. You can change currency (including to $AUD) but the underlying price is the same.

Australia as a delivery option is however blocked. When you query this to Ubyk, they instruct you to use their Australia specific site www.ubyk-pro.com

ubyk-pro.com immediately increases the prices of anything by a minimum of 25% for no other reason than being in Australia.

I asked for Ubyks comment as to why is this but they declined to respond, so name and shame.

It might be frustrating but it's up to them and they can charge what they like. You're not forced to buy from them. Try changing delivery country and currency on CRC and you'll see it's not a straight conversion there either (sometimes better, sometimes worse).
I've bought plenty of stuff from ubyk that was far cheaper than anywhere else. If it's not buy from somewhere else. It's one of the advantages of the internet...

I've just ordered a fox transfer dropper off them. $120 cheaper than Oz online shops, included free delivery. I'm half nervous but mostly about the wait time. I'll let you guys know how it goes....

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
I've just ordered a fox transfer dropper off them. $120 cheaper than Oz online shops, included free delivery. I'm half nervous but mostly about the wait time. I'll let you guys know how it goes....

Took 2 weeks for mine to arrive from them.

For most stuff from Ubyk they don't keep stock on hand they order from suppliers and then ship. That's how they keep prices low.

tunsis

Likes Bikes
... but it's up to them and they can charge what they like. You're not forced to buy from them.
As you say nobody is forced to buy from them, the wonders of the internet and a global market place.

But call a spade a spade, Ubyk actively price gouge on the basis of region.

It could be called smart business practice on their part but its certainly ethically dubious to the interests of Australian consumers.

Australia Tax

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
As you say nobody is forced to buy from them, the wonders of the internet and a global market place.

But call a spade a spade, Ubyk actively price gouge on the basis of region.

It could be called smart business practice on their part but its certainly ethically dubious to the interests of Australian consumers.

Australia Tax
It's not price gouging or ethically dubious in the slightest. They're often the lowest price selling to this region. Selling globally comes with its own risks let alone the fact they offer free postage over $100. All got to be accounted for

Took 2 weeks for mine to arrive from them.

For most stuff from Ubyk they don't keep stock on hand they order from suppliers and then ship. That's how they keep prices low.
Ordered and payed a week ago. Still not shipped. Looks like I'll be waiting this one out......

RichJS

Likes Dirt
For most stuff from Ubyk they don't keep stock on hand they order from suppliers and then ship.
Then they shouldn't say that the items are In Stock, should they?

A recent stack has sent me on a pad bulk-buying mission. (Seems like everyone offers lightweight ones with D3O/similar padding now - thanks Enduro!) I looked at a whole bunch of different ones, and every size of every item I checked at UByk was listed as In Stock - which I find hard to believe. Other UK stores are more expensive for all the items I have now ordered from UByk, and for a sizable percentage of items the competitors are out of stock. One UByk price was impossibly cheap, too.

So I'm guessing that the UByk's suppliers are likely also out of stock .. I'll give it a few days and see how it goes.

-=-

Edit: Called them to check up on the order. Was told that they were "waiting for 1 or 2 of items" from suppliers (out of the 6 ordered) and they should have them within a couple of days so can then post me the order.. So they don't have all items in stock as their website suggests. :lie:

I guess I'll wait a few days to see if the order is sent.

-=-

Edit, day 15:

Sent them an email last night. Got a reply saying all but 2 items (out of 6) were sent without tracking on the 12th (~3 days after placing order.) Got a parcel today with 2 (rather than the suggested 4) items in it, and one of them was not what I ordered. Not going great so far.

Last edited:

cogs19

Likes Bikes
Another less than satisfied customer.

Ordered a helmet Dec 28. Shipped Jan 2. It's now Jan 23 and no delivery.

Contacted them and they provided "proof" of postage but also noted there is no tracking.

Australia Post guy was kind enough to run a search in their system (which I presume is a little more involved than just searching a tracking number) to see if there are any parcels coming my way. He came up with nothing.

So somehow the item is between UK and Aus with no way of knowing where.

I ordered another helmet (for my wife) from CRC on Dec 29, it was shipped Dec 30 and arrived 10th of Jan.

teK--

Eats Squid
Another less than satisfied customer.

Ordered a helmet Dec 28. Shipped Jan 2. It's now Jan 23 and no delivery.

Contacted them and they provided "proof" of postage but also noted there is no tracking.

Australia Post guy was kind enough to run a search in their system (which I presume is a little more involved than just searching a tracking number) to see if there are any parcels coming my way. He came up with nothing.

So somehow the item is between UK and Aus with no way of knowing where.

I ordered another helmet (for my wife) from CRC on Dec 29, it was shipped Dec 30 and arrived 10th of Jan.
I'm not sure how this is UByks fault?

teK--

Eats Squid
It lists an express option. I've never used it have never been in enough of a hurry and too much of a tightarse.

cogs19

Likes Bikes
Just to follow up - my item arrived yesterday. It was outside the quoted 5-10 business days (closer to 17-18) but it arrived nonetheless. After getting some dead-air when following it up initially I got a couple of very helpful and concerned emails from the UBYK people ensuring they'd replace the item if it had gone missing. I guess I'm just not a patient person.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use them a lot, with constant issues. I.e sending wrong colour or only sending one when I ordered 2, they all ways come thu in the end but it can be painful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk