uhhh ohhhhh

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just came to say I love Jessica Jones, wish there were more series...did find Vertigo a bit arrogant, they were full and couldn't give me a shuttle but then got a bit uptight about my mrs shuttling even though it was my only option, ok I rode up once but it's big hill for me !

teK--

Eats Squid
The way I read it is that Vertigo whether they were invited to pre ride the track or not, were the first to submit their management plan.

In business it is always about who you know, and having contacts to get info first. Opportunities don't always come knocking on your door with an invite.

The story would be reported differently if the other operators took it upon themselves to ask council for a permit and were straight up told told no. What we don't know is if they had the foresight to ask the question in the first place.

From what I saw at a recent trip there, there is no shortage of willing paying customers with Vertigo booked out every day, and some people missing out. With the constant new release of trails and EWS events, I don't think anyone should worry too much about not making a return on their investment if they provide a good service.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
can you expand? Whose strava is that?
Some bloke from QLD. Seems he rode Bay of Fires and has been singled out by Ride Derby, Blue Tier and St Helens. They never bothered to check if he may have been shuttling with Uncle Buck though.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Some bloke from QLD. Seems he rode Bay of Fires and has been singled out by Ride Derby, Blue Tier and St Helens. They never bothered to check if he may have been shuttling with Uncle Buck though.
ah righto, I thought he was a shuttle operator or something. I did read something recently telling people to ignore pages like this one due to the carry ons.

rstim

Likes Dirt
The bloke that runs that Facebook page used to own Mad MTB when it was bus to berms. Always looking to start trouble bit of a flog I reckon. What was anyone going to gain from public shaming of an individual who probably paid to ride it. I'll be glad when it opens this weekend and all this carry on will be forgotten.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I can't confirm it as truth myself but allegedly he was shuttling with a local operator, I can confirm that there was a group and not just him.

I'm not sure they want people going back vilifying individuals like that, I know the bloke through a riding mate and he's not the type to go out of his way to piss anyone off, quite a respectable person if anything.

binner

Hath shat hymself
The bloke that runs that Facebook page used to own Mad MTB when it was bus to berms. Always looking to start trouble bit of a flog I reckon. What was anyone going to gain from public shaming of an individual who probably paid to ride it. I'll be glad when it opens this weekend and all this carry on will be forgotten.
I'm down that way in 3 weeks time, it should be just ridden in perfectly for me, cant wait to get some assegai tread on the trail....

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't confirm it as truth myself but allegedly he was shuttling with a local operator, I can confirm that there was a group and not just him.

I'm not sure they want people going back vilifying individuals like that, I know the bloke through a riding mate and he's not the type to go out of his way to piss anyone off, quite a respectable person if anything.
I read somewhere that they had asked people not to make their Strava rides public yet. If that were the case and he turned it on in a few weeks time, no one would be the wiser.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I read somewhere that they had asked people not to make their Strava rides public yet. If that were the case and he turned it on in a few weeks time, no one would be the wiser.
That might be the case but the bloke is an old timer, he probably doesn't even know how to set Strava to private or even forgot.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Just came to say I love Jessica Jones, wish there were more series...did find Vertigo a bit arrogant, they were full and couldn't give me a shuttle but then got a bit uptight about my mrs shuttling even though it was my only option, ok I rode up once but it's big hill for me !
Had the same issues when we were there. The driver (wasn't Buck) was rude enough to shout at us and said "You shouldn't be here". Yet we were driving on public road. That was the 3rd time we were in Derby, and the first was when Buck just started. Always find him excessively expensive and arrogant. Back then there wasn't Blue Tier, just Atlas and god dammit it was a hell lot of money. He's still very expensive these days.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ this has been my experience also - will be in Derby next week and maybe the one after ,so will test the waters again - the new trail looks awesome .