Ultra thin kneepads for race pants???

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all. I'm currently running troy lee GP pants with 661 evo knee pads, they are a bit to thick as when i pedal they're grabbing the pant and pulling the pants down at the waist... Does anyone have a knee pad that avoids this? Keeping in mind they offer the same protection...

cheers
mick.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Really? I have Troy Lee GP pants and I ride with 661 Kyle Strait knee's underneath, and I have no trouble what so ever. I also have some UFO pants and do the same with no problems.

Sorry I dont really have any suggestions to help your situation, but it just seemed curious to me. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Maybe put some duct tape on the inside of your pants, so the it slides more, rather then grips.
Save you some money.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New 661 range use some kind of gel that hardens when impacted quickly but it pliable when flexed? Sorry to be vague about the terms...

*google searches..*

661 d30 in the Evo range (evo xc lites for example) haha they call them 'intelligent molecules'... but check it out, pretty cool!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Hey all. I'm currently running troy lee GP pants with 661 evo knee pads, they are a bit to thick as when i pedal they're grabbing the pant and pulling the pants down at the waist... Does anyone have a knee pad that avoids this? Keeping in mind they offer the same protection...

cheers
mick.
I run GPs and Kyle Straits with no problems, but I did have to go a size smaller in the pants to make them a tighter fit around the waist so they didn't ride down. I think any pads under pants are always going to grab slightly but it makes sense that pads with smooth plastic rather than fabric covering would work better. Which is a pain as that probably means 2 sets of pads; 1 for shorts and one for trousers... Unless there is a good solution out there in terms of one pad that does it all.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt

cheers
mick.

what might be an idea, is to get some velcro stitched to the inside of the knee of you pants and also to some neoprene or something that you want to use as protection and have them inbuilt much like the hip protection you have in the waist of the pants. i did that with my dragon jeans for my motorbike.

New 661 range use some kind of gel that hardens when impacted quickly but it pliable when flexed? Sorry to be vague about the terms...

*google searches..*

661 d30 in the Evo range (evo xc lites for example) haha they call them 'intelligent molecules'... but check it out, pretty cool!
this system is the same as the race face flack knee/shin combo, lee who imports 661 etc, had some sample of this material 6 months back and it blew our tiny little minds, we wrapped our finger in it and hit it with a hammer with some decent force and didnt feel a thing.