Unable to register a new user.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
A mate has tried to register an account, and I tried for him too and haven't been able to. Keeps getting this message..... "There is suspicious activity detected on your network....."

Tried on mobile and PC.

Any info on how he might be able to get past it, or something else to try?

wkkie

This is the actual message.

"Error: We detect suspicious activity from your network; to complete this action, please contact the webmaster"

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Is he trying to do it via the Facebook connect function? If so, don't link it to that, we've had some issues with that lately.

wkkie

Is he trying to do it via the Facebook connect function? If so, don't link it to that, we've had some issues with that lately.
Nope. We've both tried on pc and mobile. Keep getting that same message each time.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What is the username he's trying to register please? I'll see if I can hack the central mainframe and make it work.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
It's a bit of a double edged sword at the moment. On one hand spam is down :) on the other we have no new user registrations. Our antispam software has gone all ninja on us without any logging!

I'll sort it out one way or another. Apologies for the inconvenience. Go clean your bike again....

Ghostee

Likes Dirt
I had this issue for over a week, tried from multiple different computer-majigs, ended up working when I used the FB link for signup...

DamionGiersch

Likes Bikes
+1 on the Facebook registration. Had been trying unsuccessfully via the 'traditional' site registration method for 4-6 weeks now, and by freak chance tried the FB option last night, and **BOOM** success.

Additionally, that same error message is being generated when trying to message the admins even when logged in via FB logon.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I just spent some time on the registration page now. I've changed the image verification. It's difficult but hopefully not impossible :)