NSW Unsanctioned Trail Work in the RNP

Cronar

Likes Dirt
That and the 6000 odd people who continued to ride it in the wet.
Tell me about it!

I live 5 mins ride from this trail and i haven't touched it in over 3 months ... It's been WAY too wet, but there's always plenty of fresh tyre marks in the mud at the trail head when i ride by. Selfish pricks!

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I'll take a bet that sign and fence will be pulled down within the week and some selfish gits will continue to ride that trail.

willsy01

Eats Squid
I'm not sure why they've only blocked half the entrance. Have they fenced off the other end as well?

I haven't been down there for months (read: since summer), but i've always wondered how collossally fucked up it was knowing how many retards have kept riding on it. Even when it was given a LOT of time to dry in the past, there were patches that would just never recover without having significant work done.

Cronar

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure why they've only blocked half the entrance. Have they fenced off the other end as well?
I'll probably go for a run down there tomorrow, i'll check.

But it's a pretty safe bet they won't be there after the weekend.

G-Tech

Squid
The entrance to this trail was still "half" blocked off when we rode past on Monday

That whole area needs a lot of work, it's getting really bad now.

Did see fresh tire tracks leading into the closed off trail, people will never learn

willsy01

Eats Squid
I took the liberty of blocking off the rest of the entrance this morning......I dare say it's already been moved though. As I was doing it, a runner and an mtber appeared and I asked if national parks have blocked it off at the other end and they both said no. Old mate on the bike wasn't aware it was closed.

If national parks want people to stay off the trail, they need to not do such a piss weak job of closing it.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I took the liberty of blocking off the rest of the entrance this morning......I dare say it's already been moved though. As I was doing it, a runner and an mtber appeared and I asked if national parks have blocked it off at the other end and they both said no. Old mate on the bike wasn't aware it was closed.

If national parks want people to stay off the trail, they need to not do such a piss weak job of closing it.
Possibly but I am only taking a guess that NP didn't close it off fully like they have done in the past as many,many people walk that trail daily and it might not get a good response from them.Ok Walkers should leave it alone as well.The local MTB club here advises when trails are closed due to being to waterlogged on FB. 99.9% of MTBers here follow the rules.

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
It seems that there's been a sizeable increase of it of late......which is concerning considering how quickly they can close the place down.

Snit

Likes Bikes
Rode RNP last weekend & stumbled upon some new quite fresh looking trails,
some techy more AM stuff over in the ?????????, ??????????,
I've got a better idea, why not take out a 1 page spread in the Telegraph and let everyone know. Mate, I'm not condoning illegal trails, but advertising to everyone on an open forum where trails are being built is just making things worse. My suggestion would be to edit your post and erase the location otherwise you'll have half of Sydney riding there.

Last edited:

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I've got a better idea, why not take out a 1 page spread in the Telegraph and let everyone know. Mate, I'm not condoning illegal trails, but advertising to everyone on an open forum where trails are being built is just making things worse. My suggestion would be to edit your post and erase the location otherwise you'll have half of Sydney riding there.
I thought half of Sydney was/is/has been riding there for quite a while. What's new ?Hell even people in Tassie know about it.

Snit

Likes Bikes
I thought half of Sydney was/is/has been riding there for quite a while. What's new ?Hell even people in Tassie know about it.
Thanks for that mate, great contribution. It's not just this location, but anywhere for that matter, why publicize illegal trail building? Just not very smart.

Last edited:

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that mate. Great contribution.
No worries.By the way I told people to stop riding/Making illegal trails in the Royal/Nasho on this thread last year and got shot down in flames. So and you will reap.

Snit

Likes Bikes
No worries.By the way I told people to stop riding/Making illegal trails in the Royal/Nasho on this thread last year and got shot down in flames. So and you will reap.
I'm not actually having a go at people building trails, if they don't provide enough trails for riders, people will build them illegally whether you like it or not. I just think it's ridiculous that people feel the need to publicize them on the internet.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I'm not actually having a go at people building trails, if they don't provide enough trails for riders, people will build them illegally whether you like it or not. I just think it's ridiculous that people feel the need to publicize them on the internet.
I think it is just ridiculous that some selfish me me MTBers think it is the Royal national "MTB" park and can build and ride illegal unsanctioned trails in the roya at willl. Snit your and your like will get MTBers kicked out of not just the Royal national park but all national parks. Go ride out at Menai.

Snit

Likes Bikes
I think it is just ridiculous that some selfish me me MTBers think it is the Royal national "MTB" park and can build and ride illegal unsanctioned trails in the roya at willl. Snit your and your like will get MTBers kicked out of not just the Royal national park but all national parks. Go ride out at Menai.
Mate, you are sitting a 1000 miles away making assumptions, so I will enlighten you on a few things. Firstly, the trails we speak of have not been ridden by half of Sydney for sometime, they are totally different to others mentioned here in the past.
Secondly, I do not condone illegal trail building or riding. My point is that if trails are not built for a hugely growing MTB community, unfortunately there will always be people out there that will build and/or ride illegal trails, whether you, me or anyone else agrees with it.

My original post requested that it not be publicized, because it just makes us all look bad, a fair call would you not say?? The fact that you and others in Tassie know about these trails is because people put them on here, exactly my point. Then for some reason, you feel the need to jump on here and start up a pointless argument when we both apparently have the same beliefs.