Unused Land Isn't Legal, Threads Will Be Locked

scratchy

Farkin Activist
OK, Despite this being the area for LEGAL trail building there has been a heap of illegal trails being posted. Unless you have spoken to the owner of the land (friend, family or foe) and have permission, it is essentially illegal.

There is no such thing as UNUSED land in Australia. Someone owns it and so if you don't have their permission, don't come bawling when your thread gets locked.

Everyone else post away like the mad lil diggers you are.

Sammydog and thecat are my two hitmen. There is lots on this forum to learn about legal mountain bike trail building. Please enjoy the experience.

blair411

Likes Dirt
How can you tell they're illegal trails though? I can see there's going to be lots of peoples threads closed down which actually are legally on their own property... Just a thought.

man on dbr

Likes Dirt
How can you tell they're illegal trails though? I can see there's going to be lots of peoples threads closed down which actually are legally on their own property... Just a thought.

When people come on here going, "O yeah mate. me n mi mate found this fully sik place 4 jumps n junk bhind dis old buidin dat no barstard usin"

StInKy LoVeR

Likes Dirt
Yeah I don't understand why your thread was locked. But maybe as stated in the sticky that illegal trail building could be posted in the phat snaps. Allthough yours isn't illegal.

thompo

Likes Dirt
like mine???????
but seriously, thecat PMed me explaining that the trail building section is to be used for techniques for obtaining the rights to land, and how to debate with your land use manager..... thats not the way it comes across to me, anyone else get that?
If thats what they wanted then whey dont they tell you? or create a section specifically for trail logs.... i see heaps of trail logs that havent been locked, legal and obviously illegal... and yet my legal trail (justified because it's in my backyard) is locked??

Thoughts anyone?
Yeah, how can anyone be 100% sure the trail is legal or not, anyone can just say a part of bush is on there acreage or in there backyard, i suppose the only solid proof is if there is a house right next to it.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many legal trails there are in, for example, an hour from the Sydney city center? Shutting down all threads on illegal trails will turn this part of the forum into a ghost town.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many legal trails there are in, for example, an hour from the Sydney city center? Shutting down all threads on illegal trails will turn this part of the forum into a ghost town.
This forum was set up for a place to discuss legal trail building, to give examples of success stories, advise for people starting a project and calling for help with submissions and stuff.

All that has become lost in the constant post-my-trail threads that would be better placed in the DJ, Freeride, DH or Phat snaps forums.

Believe me land managers do read/monitor this site. Seeing a bunch of illegal trails posted in a forum promoting legal trails does nothing to help relations with these land managers.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
now thecat wants me to send him a development approval number...
Dude I was trying to point out that even on private property a trail may not be legal unless you go through the process of a Development Application.

This is one of the things that caught us out with the State Mine trail.

Your in the Blue Mts and I know they have a whole bunch environmental guide lines and restriction when it comes to building on your land.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can also tell when the photos are obviously NP which has been hacked away, and trust me its pretty obvious!

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dude I was trying to point out that even on private property a trail may not be legal unless you go through the process of a Development Application.

This is one of the things that caught us out with the State Mine trail.

Your in the Blue Mts and I know they have a whole bunch environmental guide lines and restriction when it comes to building on your land.
yeah i undersrtand, if you go to that post you'll see ive changed it.
we havent knocked down trees, or...big ones anyway.
its not planned for racing, just private use, and i dont plan on getting a big sign that says "DH track - This Way".
I understand what you're saying, but im trying to keep it as enviro friendly as possible.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
This forum was set up for a place to discuss legal trail building, to give examples of success stories, advise for people starting a project and calling for help with submissions and stuff.

All that has become lost in the constant post-my-trail threads
Why not make a post your trails sub forum for legal/private property trails only? That way the main forum is not clogged up with the post-my-trail threads and you guys can have your main forum for what it is meant to be about...

I suggested this in sight problems/suggestions but only 1 person replied...

the mad giant

Likes Dirt
You sound like some kooky seppo lawyer concerned about liability, whats really the problem. I used to have the sweetest set of dirt jumps out the back of a coucil quarry, you can see it on google earth, nobody minded and what else was i to do buy a block of land?? I say get you shovels and get amongst it.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
You sound like some kooky seppo lawyer concerned about liability, whats really the problem. I used to have the sweetest set of dirt jumps out the back of a coucil quarry, you can see it on google earth, nobody minded and what else was i to do buy a block of land?? I say get you shovels and get amongst it.
An you sound like a lil shit head punk that drags us 2 steps backwards when we are trying to take one step forward.
If there really isn't a problem, go through the correct channels which means that you can make it public which helps us all and allows me when I'm travelling around Australia to ride your hard work.

Cop out and go the easy way and then get on here 1 year later to bitch how the council has discovered your jumps and have bulldozed them all.

We've seen it here soooo many times.