Up ya kilt............... It’s the TrailLander!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Is it time for Highlander's to become the new Grom Donuts?
Mmmm donuts.

It will be fine, mines been around the frame at least twice. The issue is the actual carbon frame has the locating Alu insert that the BB tube locates in. Looks like I have just rounded flats on the tube but wouldn't surprise me if I've done some rounding to the fat frame shell too.

Will send Deviate this vid I took a couple of days ago and see what they say.

I'm a bit anal when tightening BBs, on the excessive side. So 100% my fault.
Memory says that the manufacturer of my BB says to go to 40nm. Don’t have a torque wrench that goes that high so snugged it up. Weird it unscrewed. Will pull it all apart tomorrow and see what is going on

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's interesting to hear you're experiencing this. Usually mine is super quiet, however if I ride mine and get a slight creak on pedalling, it'll always be the drive side bottom bracket that has become maybe 1/8 of a turn loose. It feels tight but isn't quite tight enough...

shiny

It's interesting to hear you're experiencing this. Usually mine is super quiet, however if I ride mine and get a slight creak on pedalling, it'll always be the drive side bottom bracket that has become maybe 1/8 of a turn loose. It feels tight but isn't quite tight enough...
Hhmm. Had a click towards the end of the last couple rides. Check over and nothing obvious and put it down to new parts settling in. Looks like the BB was probably the culprit.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a bit anal when tightening BBs, on the excessive side. So 100% my fault.
Sheeesh coulda been me talking :) 'cept I don't have one of those Deviate bikes....

Something I found surprising when I got back into MTB a coupla years ago, was how much overtightening I got away with back in the day. With torque numbers printed on most bits nowadays, I got a cheapo 5Nm clicky tool and later a decent (Norbar) torque wrench. Doing brake rotor bolts up to 2Nm feels like bugger all, it's not right !

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Sheeesh coulda been me talking :) 'cept I don't have one of those Deviate bikes....

Something I found surprising when I got back into MTB a coupla years ago, was how much overtightening I got away with back in the day. With torque numbers printed on most bits nowadays, I got a cheapo 5Nm clicky tool and later a decent (Norbar) torque wrench. Doing brake rotor bolts up to 2Nm feels like bugger all, it's not right !
2Nm for brake rotor bolts....is that number correct?

Hambo'd...shimano recommend 2-4Nm! SRAM 6Nm.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
2Nm for brake rotor bolts....is that number correct?

Hambo'd...shimano recommend 2-4Nm! SRAM 6Nm.
Wow, well there you go. Never knew the torque figures.

I do my rotor bolts up with the same precision as how I check my tyre pressures!

Stacked it! Bikes fine. Helmet will need replacing and off to GP later to check gash on my arm. Hopefully don’t need stitches. Oops!

View attachment 394704
Looks like a fair hit :oops: hope the arm is OK. Glad the bike is!

shiny

Wow, well there you go. Never knew the torque figures.

I do my rotor bolts up with the same precision as how I check my tyre pressures!

Looks like a fair hit :oops: hope the arm is OK. Glad the bike is!
Didn’t feel like a big hit and I feel a-ok but will get the Dr to check me over.

Hit a tree ? Lynton ? Hope the arm comes good.
Yup. Lynton Quarry Loop. Rocks unfortunately. Front wheel off line and was a passenger after.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Good weekend to stack really, might even still sneak a Black Friday deal on a new helmet. ;)

Glad you seem to be okay other than the gash, and kudos for going to get the ol' bonce checked just in case.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yup. Lynton Quarry Loop. Rocks unfortunately. Front wheel off line and was a passenger after.
I looked at your strava for a 'blip' but couldnt fid one.

Then I noticed you did the quarry loop just before going home... thought you wouldnt be doing that injured.

Spied that you went on the road after the chute rather than ride the last of the loop.

shiny

I looked at your strava for a 'blip' but couldnt fid one.

Then I noticed you did the quarry loop just before going home... thought you wouldnt be doing that injured.

Spied that you went on the road after the chute rather than ride the last of the loop.
Just after the little tree drop heading towards the chute offline and splat! Rode home.

No stitches needed according to the doc just a big band aid.

Last edited: