Upgrading Avid (Guide R) brakes, without spending a fortune.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President

Hmm, I'm seeing these in addition to the black ones- non G-spec shiny silver quadiems. There seem to be multiple versions of these brakes.

Jpez

Down on the left!
View attachment 365593
Hmm, I'm seeing these in addition to the black ones- non G-spec shiny silver quadiems. There seem to be multiple versions of these brakes.
I might be wrong. But I think these non Gspec ones are painted silver or grey? I’m looking for the fully sick polished alloy look and I’m ashamed to say I’ll pay the ridiculous premium for it too. Besides they are out of stock i. think.
ze Germans have stock.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've been wondering about these, and if I can't sort out brake hose lengths with oddjob I reckon I'll order.

Was thinking about giving the avids a bleed to see if it improves things but of course "new standards" mean I need a $50 bleeding edge hose to do it.
Can you borrow one perhaps?

I might be wrong. But I think these non Gspec ones are painted silver or grey? I’m looking for the fully sick polished alloy look and I’m ashamed to say I’ll pay the ridiculous premium for it too. Besides they are out of stock i. think.
ze Germans have stock.
Ah probably not the full polished treatment then - that settles it for you, the G-Spec are in stock at MTBD - go buy them!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I've been wondering about these, and if I can't sort out brake hose lengths with oddjob I reckon I'll order.

Was thinking about giving the avids a bleed to see if it improves things but of course "new standards" mean I need a $50 bleeding edge hose to do it.
I’m happy to pop mine in the post tomorrow for you to loan if you want to give it a crack.