Upgrading shcok air or coil shock

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

Thinking of upgrading my shock on m Rocky Mountain Altitude what are peoples thoughts Coil or Air

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coil on that! But you can't because not enough space around the chips or around the linkage :(

Has it already got a float x?

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The linkage interferes with the coil.
yeah, looked at it this morning and realised it wont fit, should have done that before i posted this thread dumb ass i am.

looks like air shock it is.

Z

Zaf

yeah, looked at it this morning and realised it wont fit, should have done that before i posted this thread dumb ass i am.

looks like air shock it is.
Not necessarily a bad thing, there are some stunning air can shocks on the market now.
Does it have the clearance for a Float X2 or a Vivid Air?
Failing that, a custom machining of that link which gives more clearance on the link would be nice.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not necessarily a bad thing, there are some stunning air can shocks on the market now.
Does it have the clearance for a Float X2 or a Vivid Air?
Failing that, a custom machining of that link which gives more clearance on the link would be nice.
I think it's already got a float x on it so may fit an x2 in there...

The new topaz will be the go I reckon!

Z

Zaf

The X2 has a really different form to the Float X.

I'm all for the Topaz, I think my next bike will be going a Diamond/Jade, but will it offer that much more over what the Float X already does?

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey wengi I reckon the Dvo jade will fit if you're still keen on a coil shock!

Also the ccdb airs fit, you just can't use the slackest chip orientation

specialized32

Likes Bikes
I'm in the same situation as you (have an altitude with basic float rp23) CCDB will fit as Ky1e says but it's a real tight fit and can't adjust the ride 9 to its slackest setting plus some of the guys who I talked to in mtbr say it tends to dive into into most of its travel too quickly? Float x2 I thought wouldn't fit? Waiting out for the DVO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specialized32

Likes Bikes
So it fits! Can you run the ride 9 in the slackest position? The can looks like really close to the frame

Bs307

Cannon Fodder
So it fits! Can you run the ride 9 in the slackest position? The can looks like really close to the frame

The fox float X2 does fit in a rocky Mountain altitude as pictured above; however, it will only allow you to run the ride 9 in the slackest and heavier weight spectrum ( front, middle lower, and bottom) the other 6 adjustments are out of reach as the air can contacts the linkage to frame pivot. I'm running one right now and it is an amazing setup but I think I'm going to sell it and get a DVO topaz Instead to maintain the adjustability. If you only want the slackest position on this bike is would strongly suggest the x2 though. If anyone is interested in buying a lightly used one in 200x57, let me know.