Upper headset assembly reducer

Faeros

Likes Bikes
Hello all,

I am in serious need of a 56mm ZS type upper headset assembly that is also a reducer to straight 1 1/8.

I have the bottom assembly no problem I mean any tapered headset comes with a 56mm lower however, I for the life of me can not find an upper. I have spoken with both FSA and Gravity, my own bikes distributor here in OZ and all my lbs. No one has anything. The best answer I got was from TBSM that said FSA are not shipping headsets to Australia for around 3 months due to distributor changing hands. Even still FSA said they dont have anything. I know it can be done and I would really rather not have a spacer machined to a 49mm standard reducer which will fit it but I guess options are running low. In short upper headset assembly that is 56mm to reduce a straight 1 1/5 to 1 1/8.

My bike measurements (headset) are 55.9mm ID and 62mm OD. Thats straight from the manufacturer not my own guess.

Faeros

Likes Bikes
What frame do you have ?
Its a 2011 Marin Quake.

The step down is a standard size 1 1/5 headset at 49.57. I am able to find quite a lot of standard 1 1/5 top assemblies like the one directly below what you linked (integral) however, none can be found so far that are that big and a reducer.

Thanks for the input.

Faeros

Likes Bikes