User created Video comp *Suggestion Thread*

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Layout on first post is great.

So we get put into categories after first round?
Yarp, categories will start after the first round. For now we are having free choice but they must confine to the restrictions on the first page.

Also Gluey, we already discussed the concept of different types of riding.
We came to a conclusion that some people don't have access to dirt-jumps or a skate park etc.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Also Gluey, we already discussed the concept of different types of riding.
We came to a conclusion that some people don't have access to dirt-jumps or a skate park etc.
That is not what I said. Re-read. What I said was a broad genre like the journeys thing Kane suggested/ found it would accommodate for all types of riding.

Krank Bikes

www.krankbikes.com.au
Just thought I would throw it out there and see if you guys are looking for a sponser, i dont know I kought by offering some sort of incentive you may get more participants.

I thought maybe for the qualifying rounds we could offer a discount voucher for any product from our store, and maybe for the finals we would offer some sort of prize.

adman

Likes Dirt
I think all sponsor prizes should be up for people to win in the finals, not the rounds.

The rounds are nowhere near as important as the finals (of course, the finals aren't important either) but to get prizes for every round would be very hard.

Perhaps we could dig up some sponsors from various companies for people to win?

Also - the finals. Is there going to be an intermediate group as well as an advanced group? This would mean the less experienced people could win prizes, but we would have to be really careful with sandbaggers...

Oh and the website is looking sick, should have it looking good by this avo.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
I disagree adman. I think small prizes like the discounts at Krank Bikes would really get people out there to have a go. It gives a lot more people incentive to join, makes it a bigger thing, and potentially could bring a whole big conglomerate of great filmers. I say we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and say 'yes please' to Krank Bikes. If we do do this, I say we also give Krank Bikes an authoritative position with the judging, choice of genre etcetera

Maurice.

Banned
Agree with gluey, sponsoship by krank bikes would really encourage a lot of people to get out and film. As a mod I go for this 100% but I reckon onlybin the finals, I'll talk too mitch about it.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Im no video guru, but Krank Bikes should even get the rights to host the videos, or even incorporate there logo into the finalist videos. ie brought to you by.... I think its awesome they are standing up and helping you guys out.

adman

Likes Dirt
I think people got the wrong idea about my message?

I want sponsors - I've even made a sponsors and donations area of the website so that people are invited to do so.

All I was saying is that it MAY be difficult to get enough sponsors for every round. What I think would be bad is if we get sponsors for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds, but by the finals the company has said they've put enough in, and hey! the finals have 0 prize money.

Basically, I don't want the prize money burnt out by the time we reach the finals.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
I think people got the wrong idea about my message?

I want sponsors - I've even made a sponsors and donations area of the website so that people are invited to do so.

All I was saying is that it MAY be difficult to get enough sponsors for every round. What I think would be bad is if we get sponsors for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds, but by the finals the company has said they've put enough in, and hey! the finals have 0 prize money.

Basically, I don't want the prize money burnt out by the time we reach the finals.
Well, yes. I agree. If that's the case, make it a big pot at the end of the whole thing.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
After the first round split anyone who wins more than once in the ametur category should be automatically moved into the pro comp!

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
^^ That's just stupid.
Ok so you advance as a rider and continue to compete against the kids at the local skatepark instead of competing against someone better!

Thats stupid champ! :mad: But hey you stay s*&t forever no quarms here

EDIT: there is no need for another post but if the same producer wins every round ill lose interest quickly

vv That's Just Stupid

Last edited: