User created Video comp *Suggestion Thread*

Maurice.

Banned
Yeh, doesnt sound too bad getting moved up, only problem, If you're good enough in Ametuer and go into Pro, you'll most likely be defeated by guys like olly, and Will, and Dale.. Leaving the person at the bottom of the table, thefore not advancing to the finals, whereas if you stay in ametuer, you will most likely win the final if you are awsome:confused:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Yeh, doesnt sound too bad getting moved up, only problem, If you're good enough in Ametuer and go into Pro, you'll most likely be defeated by guys like olly, and Will, and Dale.. Leaving the person at the bottom of the table, thefore not advancing to the finals, whereas if you stay in ametuer, you will most likely win the final if you are awsome:confused:
That was the only problem i saw you miss out on the final you worked towards. Though with five rounds there are only four chances for someone to advance therefore no more than two people could advance each year. So if you advance you are in the Final for the amature that year no matter what! If the cranked spono goes ahead maybe a better prize for the pro's to encourage the amatures to get there!

Last edited:

Maurice.

Banned
Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced groups?
I reckon just;

Group 1: More Experienced, well known, semi-professional filmers.

Group 2: Newer, lesser known, filmers

That way we can get rid of the 'advanced' and 'begginer' titles, if people take 'offence' to it

Last edited:

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon just;

Group 1: More Experienced, well known, semi-professional filmers.

Group 2: Newer, lesser known, filmers

That way we can get rid of the 'advanced' and 'begginer' titles, if people take 'offence' to it
Sounds pretty good to me, give more of a chance to the new film makers(like me) to still have fun whilst competing against others.

Website looks rad too:D

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
...the finals. Is there going to be an intermediate group as well as an advanced group? This would mean the less experienced people could win prizes, but we would have to be really careful with sandbaggers...
There will be groups in the finals as well.
The mods will take care of sandbaggers, we know what to do...

After the first round split anyone who wins more than once in the ametur category should be automatically moved into the pro comp!
No, slightly unfair. Again the Mods will be the judge of that.

Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced groups?
We will split into 3 groups once we reach around 20+ entrants.

Cheers
Mitch.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
im not sure i see how it is unfair Mitch....i would think it unfair to leave them there smashing the competition

I was also thinking it would be great to get a show real out of the the best shots taken by everyone....Mods choose their favourate clips from the years entrants and the winner of Pro or a mod put it together.

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
im not sure i see how it is unfair Mitch....i would think it unfair to leave them there smashing the competition

I was also thinking it would be great to get a show real out of the the best shots taken by everyone....Mods choose their favourate clips from the years entrants and the winner of Pro or a mod put it together.
We are most likely going to judge the moving of a entrant of those same guide lines but at the end of it, the mods decision will be the result.

Yer we will do something along those lines with a showcase.

Maurice.

Banned
Holy shit adam, that banner is intense!

Um, only thing, text is over sponsors and donations. and, my username from tonight onwards will be
Maurice.
But ill let you know when so that you can change it.
Is anyone gonna be paying for the domain name?
If not, im up to it.

adman

Likes Dirt
Holy shit adam, that banner is intense!

Um, only thing, text is over sponsors and donations. and, my username from tonight onwards will be
Maurice.
But ill let you know when so that you can change it.
Is anyone gonna be paying for the domain name?
If not, im up to it.
By the "text" over the S&D, I think you mean all those other tabs? Unfortunately I can't change that, it automatically makes that new row.

As for the domain name, as you know, it's $20 a year, so if all the mods got together it'd be like $4 each.

I could find that in a gutter!

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great work guys. It's good to see people promoting filmaking alot more. I shall be getting my point and shoot out and am gonna make a little vid.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Sure you can't spear $1500 from that bank deposit to let me get a dually? :rolleyes:

Thats really genorous of you thanks for all the work you have done so far for this. Even in these early stages!

Cheers

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
Sure you can't spear $1500 from that bank deposit to let me get a dually? :rolleyes:

Thats really genorous of you thanks for all the work you have done so far for this. Even in these early stages!
LoL, I spent $8500 on new Macs over the weekend.
And $11 on Hungry Jacks today.

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd like to Judge or have some participation as I won't be getting my 7D until another 2 months or so mid december, sign me up.