User created Video comp *Suggestion Thread*

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
I am going with a half-yearly video comp. Perhaps we have a qualifying stage, with a deadline for uploading and posting. Then top 10 advance to the finals?
I like it, maybe go for like 3 months per round instead? firs round open to anything from anyone, then it starts clamping down on the constraints (suggested by users) and people get eliminated.

Deviant_Devil

Likes Dirt
Yeah something along those lines, like B+W movies, or Out of Focus shots... I don't know just throwing things out there. :D

adman

Likes Dirt
Oh look! A new website!

http://rotorburnvideocomp.yolasite.com/

Just an idea to keep this semi-professional. It means people won't have to look for a thread - if they are interested they can always go to the same website.

Anybody interested in pooling together $20 for a year to get rid of the .yolasite.com?

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
It should be left open.. People can choose what style etc. they want to submit. A good video will stand out no matter what!

Also, I think once like a top 5 or something like that is picked. There should be a final where a theme is set and you have to make another video to show your creative ability. Just my idea....

adman

Likes Dirt
Can you fully customize background and stuff? If so I will pay for it and create it.
Dammit Mitch! I want some part in this too! :D I tried to get one going before...

Thats the website i use for SantimMedia you can customize banners and shit.
Same with Tasmediafilms.com ;)

Can we also change it from "young video makers" to somethign else.
Yes, the majority of us "Video Makers, Post here" goers are younger, but that kind of leaves the oldies out...
Sure sure, look what is there took me actually 1 minute to make, + 2 mins to publish.

Deviant_Devil

Likes Dirt
Dammit Mitch! I want some part in this too!
adman I dont know your real name so I'm going to call you adman;)

If we all want a part in this, you, mitch, maurice, dale, ty and myself there should be a VOTM or Week or whatever Moderating Group. That controls the competition and lays down the rules etc.

adman

Likes Dirt
Work together or something?
sounds cool.

Not sure how quickly this is going to get off... perhaps we could start it January 1? and have a full year of movies?

If we start the official website now Christmas, exams and after school parties will get in the way of things.

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
If we all want a part in this, you, mitch, maurice, dale, ty and myself there should be a VOTM or Week or whatever Moderating Group. That controls the competition and lays down the rules etc.
Sounds good, moderator or moderators should be people not planning to participate.

Maurice.

Banned
How about, a group of mods, and let the newer video makers get their videos out in the comp, judge who's is the best, and the world of farkin will see the new crop of video makers yeah?

Ill voulenteer, im happy just to release webisodes, thats my plan for the new year.

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
Did you make a new account:confused:
Yep, after requesting name change from admin people for 2 years I gave up.

How about, a group of mods, and let the newer video makers get their videos out in the comp, judge who's is the best, and the world of farkin will see the new crop of video makers yeah?
Ill voulenteer, im happy just to release webisodes, thats my plan for the new year.
Sounds good, I will moderate too.
I am too busy to make videos this quick and stuff but I have easily enough time to moderate.

and then have a sick as Moderator Video of the Year.
Yep :) New Years Release or something.

Last edited:

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

What about at the end of the year get all the videos of the month together then have a big video of the year thing!!! Depending on how well this goes we might be able to get some prize donations.

Cheers

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
What about at the end of the year get all the videos of the month together then have a big video of the year thing!!! Depending on how well this goes we might be able to get some prize donations.
Prizes are no real concern, this is just to push people, bring out new people and promote the video thread a little.

And yer, Top 10 Videos of the year or something?

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yeargh, I'll put my name in for new video maker! (I made videos a while back haven't because of hsc, beginning all over again now)