V-10 how are they????

browny_5

Likes Dirt
hey ive been looking into buying a new downhill frame and i have narrowed it down to a 2008 santa cruz v-10 frame but if anyone could help me out on how they ride and feel down the downhill track it would be great any help would be great.

thanks joe

P.S. have searched but didn't find anything

norcotim

Likes Dirt
hey mate, i just got mine its sick once you get it all set up ie back shock and so forth, i dont think you will find a better frame to get!

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
righto..seems a bit strange that you would narrow it down to something before knowing how it rides.... 10 inches of rear travel and can be built up pretty light good race bike.

mtb_4_life

Likes Bikes
V10

Hey browny_5,

I just got my 08 V10 and it rides really well. It pedals great: even with the ten inches of travel there is no bobbing while sprinting. Riding through your local rockgarden feels like you're on a highway. I cant get enough of it! The frame has changed a lot in looks, and is much lighter compared to their last edition.
If you have the cash, go for it - you won't regret your choice.

Cheers, Aaron.

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
They're good bikes, but you should give a few different options a go before making your choice. It allways comes down to how you feel on it. What frame are you comming off?

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ride an 07 (check my threads if you want to see it) and it weighs in at 17.9-18kg which is very light and if you are getting the 08 they are even lighter. I love mine, pedals well, stable through rough section, tracks well in corners and takes the big stuff well also. Definately worth it, go for it.

browny_5

Likes Dirt
They're good bikes, but you should give a few different options a go before making your choice. It allways comes down to how you feel on it. What frame are you comming off?
i am coming off a norco atomik with boxxer WC and x.0 setup but i adapt to different bikes pretty easy

thanks joe

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
with the 05-07's, One thing you'll notice is the rear sags a bit more and will feel alot softer and slacker than the atomic. If your a smooth rider It might annoy you and you may be better off on a single pivot or somthing with less travel. If your a point A to B rider you'll like it because you can just point and shoot... You have to work a bit harder to jump them and get them to do what you want. Still, top notch bikes, I havn't been happier with mine.

The 08's are extremely nice. They ride a little different. The back feels way more nimble and you can throw them around alot easier. Basically all my dislikes in the 05-07 have been fixed in the 08 model. When I ride the 08 I can really feel a positive difference. (But thats my personal opinion)

In the end it really depends on your style - I'm just generalizing about the smooth/agressive styles for examples sake, theres really too many to pick from and alot of different bikes will suit you. How much you'll get out of a bike also has alot to do with what quality suspension you run and how well its dialled in, be aware of this when you test bikes too...

For the amount of clams you seem to be interested in shelling out on a frame you'll be happy with whatever you end up with, just make sure you havn't made up your mind before you have a ride on a few different bikes. It's easy to be sold on V10's already because they're sexy and seductive at first... but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a happy marriage!

Also remember anyone who offers advice (Including me) will be biased. =)

sprocket

Likes Dirt
they seem nice enough, i have a freind who has one seems plush and light for what it is.. id never buy one, but there must be some reason every one seems to ride them... after all.. if it works...?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There fast :cool: They dont feel like a extra long travel bike . There tight in the rear with great pedal fed back . There nible as , pedle like a AM bike , float well and look the shiz . Sc makes good stuff ..
Get your leg over !!!

Attachments

Last edited:

ando_freeagent

Likes Bikes and Dirt
with the 05-07's, One thing you'll notice is the rear sags a bit more and will feel alot softer and slacker than the atomic. If your a smooth rider It might annoy you and you may be better off on a single pivot or somthing with less travel. If your a point A to B rider you'll like it because you can just point and shoot... You have to work a bit harder to jump them and get them to do what you want. Still, top notch bikes, I havn't been happier with mine.

Also remember anyone who offers advice (Including me) will be biased. =)
the 04's also had more rear end sag also

and ill be biased a bit too i love my v 10

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would much rather spend the money on a cheaper frame like a sunday expert off tbsm for $2000. Just as good and with the $2000 dollar difference could set up some really nice spec. But thats just me,

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would much rather spend the money on a cheaper frame like a sunday expert off tbsm for $2000. Just as good and with the $2000 dollar difference could set up some really nice spec. But thats just me,
2000 for a frame with a shit shock WOW!