Vasectomy

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got decommissioned about 10years ago, went to one of Adelaide's top Urologists on recommendation from a bloke I worked with, was the same price/gap as all the other options.
Was in the surgery for about 30 mins total, got some nut-bag injections, he then made a small 'scrape' and pulled my tubes out through this tiny hole, job done, no stitches, just a small plaster on the 'scrape hole'. Had some painkillers later that day as I had an ache/heavy feeling (no wonder as they had some trauma), went to bed normal that night (Friday), woke up at 4am Sat morning and drove 8hrs to Port Lincoln in SA, Sunday morning I did the Great White Shark cage dive at the Neptune Islands (less than 48hrs after the procedure)
Was riding my bike the next week when I got back from the Shark dive trip.

No complications, no pain and I've never had any issues since the op. Well happy with whole experience.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The procedure is exactly at the point that is going to be contacting a seat. Do you want to take the risk of tearing that scar/healing tissue apart? Give it time to be COMPLETELY healed.
I'm keeping my balls, so won't be needing to worry about it. But your explanation of where they go in makes sense. Does your scrotum shrink up like when it gets done to dogs?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Nothing like that word to get the heart racing...
Has any had the "scalpel free" one, that is willing to share on here anyway, and how long were you off the bike for? I've read 2 weeks then a trainer, 3 weeks back on the road and a month before mtbing.
Had mind done about 5 years ago, went completely under. Be fuct if I was staying cognisant while old mate was rummaging around in my satchel.

My tip is take whatever they give you for the recovery, I didn't, as everything felt good the first couple of days. Paid the price day 4 when things started to swell.

looked like I was getting a shoulder ride from kojack.

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm keeping my balls, so won't be needing to worry about it. But your explanation of where they go in makes sense. Does your scrotum shrink up like when it gets done to dogs?
Might be wrong, but I don't think you know what happens with a vasectomy. Its not taking the balls out. All that is happening is the tube that passes the semen is blocked. Everything else stays exactly as it is. Nothing is taken out.

ozzybmx

Does your scrotum shrink up like when it gets done to dogs?
Na... your bollox still produce sperm, it just leaks out into your sack through the 2 unsealed tubes and your body disperses of it. The other 2 sides of the cut tubes are sealed/tied up.

I did notice I lost a bit of distance, it kinda just drops out nowadays, must have been a bit of propellant in the seed :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...a double hook up! That doesn't happen often.

If they were accidentally removed, as per the video, and the doctor realised they could put them back in? Also I know a guy with no balls thanks to the wonders of testicle cancer. I'm guessing he gets to snarf testosterone replacement?

Attachments

ozzybmx

Also I know a guy with no balls thanks to the wonders of testicle cancer. I'm guessing he gets to snarf testosterone replacement?
Probably. If one is removed, the other testicle produces enough testosterone but both removed would mean replacement drugs.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
My brother in law, and his mate too, visited Dr Snip and had great results. He's not a rider though seemed to be pretty active the day after the snip.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm getting one done tomorrow with local and sedative. Apparently I'm all good to ride after 7 days.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had it done about 5 years ago. Not knocked out and I reckon the dentist feels heaps worse than this procedure. About 4 hours later felt like I had stomach cramps but was fine after an hour after that, just kept the peas on. Felt normal the next day and reckon I could have ridden after a week easy. In Brisbane highly recommend Dr Wong who is pretty funny from here: http://www.vasectomycare.com.au/ He has done about 5 mates too.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Gee, Is this suddenly in fashion now?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Seems so

I've just spent 30 minutes cruising vasectomy memes and have done the responsible thing and selected this one over a bunch of offensive, funny as fuck others

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm getting one done tomorrow with local and sedative. Apparently I'm all good to ride after 7 days.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Post up how that goes. 7 days would be awesome. Is that your surgeon telling you that or the voices in your head?
I had it done about 5 years ago. Not knocked out and I reckon the dentist feels heaps worse than this procedure. About 4 hours later felt like I had stomach cramps but was fine after an hour after that, just kept the peas on. Felt normal the next day and reckon I could have ridden after a week easy. In Brisbane highly recommend Dr Wong who is pretty funny from here: http://www.vasectomycare.com.au/ He has done about 5 mates too.
I'll ring that clinic. Thanks for the recommendation

danncam

Likes Dirt
Nothing like that word to get the heart racing...
Has any had the "scalpel free" one, that is willing to share on here anyway, and how long were you off the bike for? I've read 2 weeks then a trainer, 3 weeks back on the road and a month before mtbing.
Definitely go the scalpel free. No probs for me 13 years ago. You get to avoid the risk of a general anaesthetic, no stitches to itch or get inflamed/infected and Drs are always more gentle if the patient is awake. (Ask any theatre nurse).

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having an impending increase to bump the tribe up to three, I am looking at getting this done in the coming months. Not keen on time off the bike though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having an impending increase to bump the tribe up to three, I am looking at getting this done in the coming months. Not keen on time off the bike though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I emailed Dr Snip yesterday to ask how long it will be. I have read that is it maybe only 7 days, which is doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro