Vasectomy

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Nothing like that word to get the heart racing...
Has any had the "scalpel free" one, that is willing to share on here anyway, and how long were you off the bike for? I've read 2 weeks then a trainer, 3 weeks back on the road and a month before mtbing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There (believe it or not) a sizeable thread on this topic on the forum somewhere...filled with discussion about life as a eunuch.

moorey

call me Mia
@DMan , good luck. I got done on a Cycling hiatus thankfully.
My dude didn’t use enough anesthetic, and I didn’t want to say anything. It was the nurse who spotted the tears rolling down my cheeks.
Not scalpel free sorry. Was about 10 years ago.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing like that word to get the heart racing...
Has any had the "scalpel free" one, that is willing to share on here anyway, and how long were you off the bike for? I've read 2 weeks then a trainer, 3 weeks back on the road and a month before mtbing.
I have been thinking about this lately as well, but one month off the bike has given me cold feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Had the scapel one seven years ago. Was off the bike for anything substantial for about six weeks, although more because my commute is two hours a day and I generally ride for at least 1.5 hrs when MTBing. I manged to ride the kids up to school and back (1.5km round trip) after about three weeks so I reckon you'd be right on the trainer.

DMan

@DMan , good luck. I got done on a Cycling hiatus thankfully.
My dude didn’t use enough anesthetic, and I didn’t want to say anything. It was the nurse who spotted the tears rolling down my cheeks.
Not scalpel free sorry. Was about 10 years ago.
Yeah thanks Moorey that really helped....

I have been thinking about this lately as well, but one month off the bike has given me cold feet.

I've made up my mind. It's the when I want to get sorted. During the coldest part of winter, fresh for spring is my thinking.... It's 1 month off the mtb, not riding itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scblack

Leucocholic
I didn't know there was a scalpel free one. Mine was pain free anyway. I remember it was 6weeks before I was allowed on a bike.

DMan

Aren’t yours in your wives purse anyway?
I don't understand? Is there somewhere else that they can be kept?

I didn't know there was a scalpel free one. Mine was pain free anyway. I remember it was 6weeks before I was allowed on a bike.
Apparently there is and pain free sounds good. And no general needed. I can live with 4-6 weeks then.

scblack

Leucocholic
Apparently there is and pain free sounds good. And no general needed. I can live with 4-6 weeks then.
No general needed, mine was a local anaesthetic. Drove home no problems. Had three or four days off work. All good.

I am not sure I see the need for scalpel free. The incision for mine was less than a centimetre anyway.

DMan

Apply some Black Salve to your ‘region’. What could it hurt?
Who's he?
No general needed, mine was a local anaesthetic. Drove home no problems. Had three or four days off work. All good.

I am not sure I see the need for scalpel free. The incision for mine was less than a centimetre anyway.
I just assumed that's how it was done now? Supposed to heal quicker

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Scalpel for me, but they put me under for some reason. Wife says they tried to talk me out of it, but three Money Suckers are enough for me regardless of who I'm shagging.

They did it on a Thursday so I had 4 days off, then two days in the car, then carefully rode to work as the car was required elsewhere.

The first 36 hours was pain free but I rolled the wrong way on the second night and EVERYTHING turned purple.......

DMan

Scalpel for me, but they put me under for some reason. Wife says they tried to talk me out of it, but three Money Suckers are enough for me regardless of who I'm shagging.

They did it on a Thursday so I had 4 days off, then two days in the car, then carefully rode to work as the car was required elsewhere.

The first 36 hours was pain free but I rolled the wrong way on the second night and EVERYTHING turned purple.......
Glad to see nobody has said that they could never ride again thank god. The rest I can live with!! Well maybe not the purple bit.

scblack

Leucocholic
Why no riding for 6 weeks? It isn't like you're worried about busting your balls.
The procedure is exactly at the point that is going to be contacting a seat. Do you want to take the risk of tearing that scar/healing tissue apart? Give it time to be COMPLETELY healed.