VDHS Mt Baw Baw 2011 - Cameron Takes Photos - no watermark logo !!!

Waldon

Cannon Fodder
G'day all

I have my photos from Baw Baw ready to go. Let me know your number plate from the race and bike so I can find you.

email me at cameron_waldon@hotmail.com

Every image does not have my watermark logo, and I don't charge $5, or $10, or $15 or any other amount that other photographers might charge for their images.

To any photographers out shooting the MTB scene and thinking I'm making 'snide' remarks, I'm actually advertising that my photos are free and non-watermarked so the riders can enjoy them without my logo. If you are offended that I'm advertising about giving my photos away, perhaps you should just stay away from my posts.

To riders who appreciate my free service, fantastic! I appreciate you guys out there ripping. Never clip in and keep the rubber side down

Cheers
Cameron Takes Photos

Last edited:

anth69

Likes Dirt
# 573 , # 855 and # 854 ... if theyre good 'uns i'll shout lunch for ya at next race;) the 8 #'s are under 13 hardtails and the #5 is masters red ironhorse ..thanks

Last edited:

woody 14

Eats Squid
hey mate i cant find you on pink bike could you please have a look and see if you can find any of rider 630, wearing a black, white, red and green troy lee kit and riding a black sunday with white forks.

cheers Geoff

Waldon

Cannon Fodder
No problem!
All photos are now up on pinkbike guys.

Let me know if you guys like the photos, then I will be sure to get to the rest of the season and photograph for you all.

I'm also keen to get out and shoot personal riders or sessions you might be organising so if there is anything on the cards, just let me know.

Cheers
Cameron Takes Photos

Attachments

Last edited:

slats69

Likes Dirt
hey mate my plate was 633 im wearing a red black and white troy lee kit on a black and red glory thanks

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
hey mate any of #632?
green ironhorse sunday, wearing black shorts with a grey jersey on saturday and white shorts with a black, white and red jersey on sunday.
edit- nvm i see all the pics are up on pinkbike! thanks

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Every image does not have my watermark logo, and I don't charge $5 for them either.

Cheers
Cameron Takes Photos
This little comment here I find rather rude. I have a business and the right to protect my images and sell them for what ever I want. I am a series sponsor, are you? I provide my images free to download to all riders. It's on my bandwidth, not on Flickr's or Picasa etc.
I have been shooting the VDHS for 4 years, have you?
If you have images to share, just post them, don't bag out me or my business.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This little comment here I find rather rude. I have a business and the right to protect my images and sell them for what ever I want. I am a series sponsor, are you? I provide my images free to download to all riders. It's on my bandwidth, not on Flickr's or Picasa etc.
I agree with you there 100% Hux.
When i saw that comment i didn't say anything, not wanting to make a stir.
But now you've mentioned it.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sensitive sensitive!

I certainly didnt see him level his comment direct at you.

Good on him, he's advertised his pics free. He certainly is a private person, and has the right to publish his pics freely. He doesnt have to be a sponsor to take pics and give them away. And he has the choice to store them anywhere as well. He knows a neat trick, he can twist his tongue twice, can you? he did just post and share his pics, certainly didnt bag your BUSINESS ......nor have I. So whats your point?

Yes you can take pics and sell them, or what ever, no one denies you that. I like your work.
I also like many other lens geeks work as well. Just because he noted he was offering a free service, you get all defensive? I certainly dont understand why. Like it was EVER going to threaten your business.

I'd say you you owe him an apology. You are not the ONLY phot who charges for their pics, and he's not the only one to offer em up free.

I sit on the fence here. I merely point out the unfair stab at him you have taken.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Sensitive sensitive!

Good on him, he's advertised his pics free. He certainly is a private person, and has the right to publish his pics freely. He doesnt have to be a sponsor to take pics and give them away. And he has the choice to store them anywhere as well. He knows a neat trick, he can twist his tongue twice, can you? he did just post and share his pics, certainly didnt bag your BUSINESS ......nor have I. So whats your point?

Yes you can take pics and sell them, or what ever, no one denies you that. I like your work.
I also like many other lens geeks work as well. Just because he noted he was offering a free service, you get all defensive? I certainly dont understand why. Like it was EVER going to threaten your business.

I'd say you you owe him an apology. You are not the ONLY phot who charges for their pics, and he's not the only one to offer em up free.

I sit on the fence here. I merely point out the unfair stab at him you have taken.
When I first looked at Waldons post I took it as having a dig at mtbpicsonline which seemed uncalled for. Why did he make these statements if not?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Sensitive sensitive!

Thankyou for being impartial....You're obviously not.
But there are only two MTB photogs in Victoria that watermark their images and charge $5 per shot. I'm the only one that attends the VDHS series. You do the math.

I don't care if he has photos to share, that's not the point. Just post the up and don't make little snide remarks.

Last edited:

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When I first looked at Waldons post I took it as having a dig at mtbpicsonline which seemed uncalled for. Why did he make these statements if not?
Agreed, the original post seemed to be directed directly at mtbpicsonline, which to me seems inappropriate, He has a right to give his photos away for free, but I think what was posted wasn't needed, and there is no need for an apology from Hux.

Waldon

Cannon Fodder
Like it or dislike it, I don't charge for my photos and that is my decision.
If you would like to make a dollar or two from selling you're photos, fantastic.

I'm here to provide a free service at my good will, and I am allowed to tell people this as I wish.

If you think I am having a dig and it's getting to you, that's ok. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
As for me, I will continue to shoot as I like, and offer a free service for the MTB community. It is my entitlement to let people know they are free and non-watermarked.

Regards,
Cameron Takes Photos

Last edited:

cluster

Likes Dirt
It is my entitlement to let people know they are free and non-watermarked.
That's nice and all, but I'm pretty confident that the majority of people can work that out for themselves. The little comment did seem a bit on the negative/paying him out side.
IMO, everyone who makes the effort to take photos, and go through the time-consuming process of uploading them, deserves credit. Watermark or not, everyone appreciates it.
So thank you to everyone who does this, and can we please stop the shitfight? It's boring.

My 2c.

Edit: The photos are awesome, cheers.

Whitie

Likes Dirt
Have to agree - I thought the original post was over the top. Most people are happy to see the photos - and are even happier if they rode and took photos and then can find one of themselves.:eek::eek: