Velogear - bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I ordered some cable ends:

https://www.velogear.com.au/bike-cable-ends-6-colours.html

The other day that did not say sold as single, and the previous $10.99 price made me think this was some kind of pack. Unfortunately Google doesn't have the whole page cached.

Here'e my customer service experience from the lovely people over there, needless to say I won't be buying there again. Over a few cents FFS.

Ticket created #VEL00004904

Ticket message:
Hi Velogear,

There are a couple of issues with this order. Firstly I only received one Presta Stem Saver, the order was for a pair, so please send me another one.

Secondly, as you can see in the photo, I received one each of cable ends for $1.99, which generally retail for 10c each. I expected some kind of small pack, but you've sent me two cable ends, and charged around 2000% profit on them. Your site says normally $10.99, which would be for a pack of 100 from anywhere else. $1.99 for a single cable end is completely ludicrous and I hope it was a mistake. Please let me know.

Regards,
Scotty.

New reply for the ticket #VEL00004904

Hi Scotty

I have organised another stem saver to be sent out to you.

In regards to the cable end, the description states that they are sold singly.

There are costs involved with picking and packing probably more than the mark up on these items.

Will
Regards,
Will
(I'm new and currently still in training)

Customer Service Team

#VEL00004904
Velogear

Hi Will,

Picking one cable or ten takes the same amount of time, and again one cable end for $1.99 is a complete rip off, and you guys know it.

As for the sold as single, it absolutely did not say that the other day when I placed my order as I read the description carefully, and thought to myself how ludicrous it would be for one piece to cost that much so took a punt expecting maybe 5-10, and there is no way I would have ordered a single at that price.

If you do a Google search it proves you changed the text, below is the text abstract that doesn't have sold as single. Also what is the $10.99 price? Are you really saying that these once sold for $10.99 as a single?

It's nice that you updated it for future customers, but it is dishonest and bad form trying to sneak that past me. Maybe you can chuck me in another few cable ends for the confusion, that's what I think a good store would do, it's customer service 101.

A good honest response would be "Those are sold as single, we've updated the site to make this explicit, and we'll send a few to you as a good will gesture".

Cheers,
Scotty.

Search Results
Web result
Cable Ends | Tip Protectors - Velogear
www.velogear.com.au › bike-cable-ends-6-colours

Cable Ends | Tip Protectors - Velogear
Discount Diacompe, Jagwire, Aliigator and other trusted brand brake parts. Cable ends,Rubber boots, brake pads and complete brake sets. Online Sale Now at www.velogear.com.au
www.velogear.com.au

Online Sale Now at www.velogear.com.au. ... Bike Cable Ends - 6 colours ... Fits 1.8mm cables and smaller; Cable protectors are available in several colours ...

New reply for the ticket #VEL00004904

Hi Scott,
I can confirm that we have not changed the listing. It has always said Sold as a single.
The listing has not been updated or changed in over a year and the pricing is correct and i have also confirmed this with my Manager.
We will be sending out the missing stem saver to you ASAP!

Jordy
Regards,
Jordy
Customer Service Team
#VEL00004904

OK, well I can't prove it because your web pages don't have a last updated date (I'm actually a web developer) so it's your word against mine but I would never have bought if it was specified as a single piece, because that's insane.

When it arrived as a single piece I was so flabbergasted that I checked again and it did not say sold as a single. You've lost a customer, pathetic response, over a few cents.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
...yeh nah, these cunts are cunts. operate under quite a few business names/websites & ebay accounts and based(?) in braeside...
watching presser now will read your post & reply properly later

CHEWY

Eats Squid

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Now wondering if I missed that listing saying single piece as it says it below the same text on the other site. Anyway, what a pack of jerkoffs.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Used them ages ago before they were taken over by whomever owns them now. They used to stock a decent range of cheaper generic parts, but all the same overpriced shit now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It does actually say single piece...

"Bike Cable Ends
Cable tips keep your cable ends nice and tidy and can provide a dash of colour while doing so.
  • Fits 1.8mm cables and smaller
  • Cable protectors are available in several colours
  • Aluminium Alloy
  • Sold as a single "
Yeah my bad. Still shitty and doesn't explain the $10.99 price.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Now wondering if I missed that listing saying single piece as it says it below the same text on the other site. Anyway, what a pack of jerkoffs.
I didn't notice when I looked at it a few minutes ago, but it's sure there now !
Anyone have a cached version from 15 minutes ago? I've got no idea how that stuff works.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I didn't notice when I looked at it a few minutes ago, but it's sure there now !
Anyone have a cached version from 15 minutes ago? I've got no idea how that stuff works.
Yep that's what I thought. No cached version of that page either.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've tried to buy something from them twice. Both times they had something listed which was then found to be out of stock. It took them about 3 days to notify me of this.
I got a refund both times but the communication was very sluggish.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I recently had a similar experience buying some items from the bicycle store. The price was good for a pack, but as an individual item it was bullshit. The site did not clarify but the images they had were of many items as in a pack...so I felt it was implied as a pack. My contact to them was a little more polite than yours @Scotty T and they gave me a refund without issue. I put the items into a regular envelope and sent them back by normal mail.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I recently had a similar experience buying some items from the bicycle store. The price was good for a pack, but as an individual item it was bullshit. The site did not clarify but the images they had were of many items as in a pack...so I felt it was implied as a pack. My contact to them was a little more polite than yours @Scotty T and they gave me a refund without issue. I put the items into a regular envelope and sent them back by normal mail.
So looks like I've just missed it somehow, cache says it was there...

https://webcache.googleusercontent....elogear.com.au/bike-cable-ends-6-colours.html

Status
Not open for further replies.