Velogear Online Store - Word of Warning!!!

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im not often a fan of burning stores as things do happen.. And as someone who knows the industry very well i realise that not everything can always go to plan.

However,
When a company provides extremely bad service its in the interest of others so that it doesnt happen to them.

Long story kinda not short..
20/1/2011
I recently bought a Minion 2.7 40a tire from Velogear's ebay store (you beauty you cant find 40a's anywhere anymore!!).
The tyre arrived a few days later, only to find it was a 60a.. Damn they sent the wrong one by mistake!
So, as people do make mistakes i sent an email back explaining the wrong tyre was sent did they want to replace it or refund etc..
No response within a few days so i send another email just incase they didnt get the first. No big problem.

Couple more go past with no reply... hmmm

2/2/2011
I receive an email saying they dont have any 40a's and I could keep the tyre or a refund. (Why advertise they have 10x of them then?? hmmm..)

Obviously i went for the refund as 60a's are about as useful to me as a 10inch downhill huck bike at a 24hr enduro race.
I was obviously happy to ship the tyre back to them as long as they paid for the postage etc, as it was there clear mistake.

Gladly i receive another email saying not a problem and they will put the full refund in for me including the amount to ship back, and gave me the return address. So i pack the tyre up and have it ready to be shipped off.

7/2/2011
Nothing yet received.. so i email again..
I get a reply back saying not a problem they will refund the amount straight away for me so i can send the tyre back..
Im starting to believe this guy is full of it, as he obviously falsely advertised the tyre in the first place.

14/2/2011
Still nothing again.. just refund the amount and ill have the tyre sent registered post for them!
So i send another email. I also lodge a complaint with Paypal (after ebay advising to do this before the 1 month time ends for me to claim).

I get a return email from Velogear saying the refund will be done in a week as the person that does it is away until then..? (Wtf? You've had weeks to do this).

Days go on, im trying to get information out of Paypal and Ebay when can i get my money back as its becoming clear the seller isnt wanting to play ball.

Emails, phone calls the lot. To try and get a decent answer out of them.

By this time im getting a pretty pissed with the situation..

23/2/2011
I finally get a emil from Paypal to send the item back and to give them the online tracking number so they will refund the amount (without the return postage unfortunately).

25/2/20110
Item sent and emailed through the registered post details (picture scan etc as proof) to ebay/paypal. Im now expecting to get my refund within a day or two once they process it..... wrong!

I now get an email back from Velogear saying there sorry and will refund the amount as soon as the tyre arrives.

28/2/2011
Item arrives at destination via registered post w/ online tracking.
By this time im wanting my refund as my blood is boiling with this pathetic service. Even my gf is pissed now just on principal!

Couple days go past.. still nothing. Email sent to both seller and Paypal.

Again couple days go past.. still nothing. Email sent to both again with no reply..

7/3/2011
I get an email from seller saying they will refund money as soon as tyre is picked up.
(like seriously.. it arrived on the 28th.. if you hadnt checked your mail by then there is something wrong with you!)

9/3/2011
Email sent as still nothing. Get reply saying going to post office tomorrow and refund will be sent immediately.

10/3/2011
Still nothing.. Email sent.
Reply saying sorry will be put in tomorrow!!!

11/3/2011
Still f#$king nothing to this day!
Im seriously considering reporting both companies to the ACCC as its just beyond a joke for something so basic.

Moral of the story..
Velogear your a scam. Advertising a false product when you didnt even have stock. And simply sending another in its place without consent. Bad service!
Your (lack of) service is a disgrace to the cycling industry. Good service is often overlooked by people and taken for granted.. bad service however spreads fast!
God i wish you had a store front i could walk into haha

Paypal/Ebay your buyer protection is also up to s@#t! Its clearly made to protect the seller and in no way the buyer and you are full of it. You were provided with everything you asked (online tracking which cost $14!) and then no payment, not even one reply to my emails. Your company is also a scam.

So take it as you will.. some of you may have had good dealings? Well done.

Ive dealt with probably hundreds of different bike companies for parts, service etc all over the world. And mostly had great service. Its a great industry of people.
As a sales manager myself i know if i had treated any of my customers like this i would have been shown the door long ago...

So think twice before buying from Velogear or expecting buyer protection from Paypal!

:)

Mods i know too much of this is frowned upon.. but in extreme cases like this something needed to be said so my Rotorburn friends dont end up in the same mess!

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
pay-pal shat you on when you used their service?

Hmm... I was gonna use paypal to buy equipment about $500...

Makes me think twice...