VIC VES Oct 15th Wombat

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Ballarat apear to have been screwed over by parks vic for a permit so wombat MTB club will be hosting the ballarat rnd of VES on october 15th. 13km loop. one of the buninyong sun crew can hit me for a free entry [entries aren't open just yet]

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Enjoyed the day, apart from the bad ettiquete of riders passing in shit spots without notice and not waiting to be called though when it's safe to do so.
On a whole you rarely have this issue but yesterday it was a common occurrence.

moorey

call me Mia
Enjoyed the day, apart from the bad ettiquete of riders passing in shit spots without notice and not waiting to be called though when it's safe to do so.
Not even the mandatory 'Strava Run!!!!!'

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
thanks for the feedback

actually i had a no of riders who told me it was too tight & they couldn't get through past other riders [note this was not people like tas nankervis -who was in blistering form yesterday, or young guns like james goodall]..it was often 40+ masters guys battling for 6/7th..not that i have anything against them but they didn't want to be patient for some reason; the single track sections weren't so long you couldn't wait for the climbs or the ascents which were all on 4wd track with room for 2-3 riders

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Saw one fella do this then cop a serve and had to live with it for the next couple of km because he couldn't outrun the lady he just passed

It was tight for the first lap of the 3hr but I was on my own for the rest of the day basically after that. I know it's a race, but there's just no need for dumbness. Most people were more than happy to pull over for a tic to let faster riders through.

Also a LOT of Gu packets kicking around too, and a bunch of bottles. Just a bit bumper than they're used to maybe?

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
thanks plank we have a guy picking up shit today off the trails
Not cool that you have to do it

You always get a little bit, it just seemed like more than usual yesterday. Never seen penalties actioned for this, I know it'd be hard to catch someone but I'd really like to see someone pinged for it one day!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
On a positive note, trails suited the single speed to a tee, nice choices! That long fire trail section was perfect for my gearing so two thumbs up in picking that one out for me