VIC [Vic] Melb - Brimbank council prpsd Ardeer Green Cycling Activity Hub.MTB/BMX/RdCrit

Marx

Likes Dirt
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this.
Western Melbourne metro area.

MTB, BMX & road crit facilities.

The proposal is currently seeking community feedback, also feeback is possible via their website (link below).
http://www.buzz.brimbank.vic.gov.au/have-your-say-ardeer-green-activity-hub-draft-master-plan/

Cycling enthusiasts! Have your say on the proposed Ardeer Green Activity Hub Draft Masterplan! Proposed facilities include
• A one kilometre long and eight metre wide criterium circuit
• A small single track cross country Mountain Bike circuit
• A recreation or competition BMX track
• Dirt jumps/pump track
• A cycling education centre made from shipping containers
• Significant tree planting
• Rehabilitation and extension of remnant grassland.
PDF of proposal: http://www.brimbank.vic.gov.au/files/b8d35b91-e169-4126-b58a-a48f00e80467/Ardeer_Green_Activity_Hub_Draft_Masterplan.pdf

The land is currently managed by City West Water, previously Orica before the Ring Rd went in.
There is an intention to have these facilities to be used for also running events/races, & perhaps have clubs staged here (BMX etc).
I attended the on-site community feedback day. There were a few people who attended from local residents & BMX interests. I understand the nearest BMX track is in Werribee. There was also someone from StKilda CC as well.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
About fucking time. I tried to get something done along the Koroit Creek a couple of years ago, but as it's water board land (they were trying to get a lot of it zoned residential, so they could sell it off to developers, despite it being unviable), got nowhere, other than a little bit of sly ST near my place. Will be right up them.

Marx

Likes Dirt
Although any singletrack which may magically appear along Koroit creek would be good thing.
There are a few new shared paths popping up that connect to each other & offer people option to do loops/circuits that might get some people dusting their bikes off in that area.

I dunno, but the western suburbs are flat, so rolling out that way from the CBD isn't as tall an order as heading east or north for trails.

All this proposal is at least a year away.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm happy, it's about a 5 minute ride from my front door, along said non-existent sneaky trail. Better than the 30-40 minute drive to anything remotely worth riding. Might get some geotechnical investigation work out of it too.

It's pretty rare that the council, or government want to get involved and fund a riding facility. The local riders in this area should support this.