VIC (Melbourne) Chris King Support

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Anyone have actual experience with a Chris King authorized shop in Melbourne? If so, please let me know which one. I would like to have two sets of ISO Disc Hubs rebuilt. I know anyone can rebuild them, but I'd rather take them to a shop that deals with Chris King regularly. If you know of one, please pass it along.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
There's a shop in Canberra that services those things regularly, but if you're going to post them up there you can post them anywhere...

- Joel

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
There's a shop in Canberra that services those things regularly, but if you're going to post them up there you can post them anywhere...

- Joel
Thanks mate.. got a link just in case no one in Melbourne has the goods?

Any one else know of a shop in Melb? I have the hub cone tool, and CK rebuild tool at home in the US, it's a shame I didn't bring it nor would it be easy for someone to dig it out of a box in a storage unit. :( Surely there must be a shop in Melbourne that has these tools, if not I'm going to start a CK rebuilding biz. :)

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate.. got a link just in case no one in Melbourne has the goods?

Any one else know of a shop in Melb? I have the hub cone tool, and CK rebuild tool at home in the US, it's a shame I didn't bring it nor would it be easy for someone to dig it out of a box in a storage unit. :( Surely there must be a shop in Melbourne that has these tools, if not I'm going to start a CK rebuilding biz. :)
If you do start such a biz remember, leave the non drive side bearing in the rear hub and both bearings in the front hub, as their removal is not necessary and can damage the bearings if there's any corrosion holding the bearing in. It's cool to watch the ringdrive and driveside bearing come out though.

- Joel

Hud

Likes Dirt
Cog bike Cafe in Mount Evelyn works on mine. They didn't have the hub tool in when I last asked as mine are due for a service. However they had one on order and it is probably in as this was a while ago. Billy there has a fair bit of experience with CK I believe.
They are shut until early next year.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Bsc

Brunswick Street Cycles in Fitzroy has all the tools required and have built me four sets of 29er wheels over the years.

Otherwise Larrys Custom Cycles built me a ss 29er wheels and they are great but not sure on the tools. If you go the Fitzroy Revo ask for Liam and at BSC ask for Dan or Jeremy.

JD

a-line

Likes Dirt
Streamline Cycles in Ferntree Gully. One man show, deals in every major/boutique brand and has ALL the tools and parts for rebuilds. Most of the team riders use Chris King hubs as well as the owner himself. The shop will re-open for the new year on Tuesday 4th Jan. 1035 Burwood Hwy Ferntree Gully (tony) 9756 0055