VICTORIA STATE SERIES RD 2

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
any one in vic on the 4th May should rock up to Granton for state rd 2. We've built one of the most awesome jumps ever- 11 meters!!!!!!!

should be a good race. Details from www.ftf.com.au noticeboard

Hi all. The details for the Downhill at Granton are:

Rd 2 of state series May 4

Location: Mt. Gordon, Granton Melways REF: 510 T11(signposted from the Marysville turnoff on the Maroondah Highway)

Racing from: 12:00pm

If you or someone you know can help out on the day please let Ben know on 0427 660 102.

Track: The track has had a few upgrades in the last couple of weeks including an 11 metre jump (yes it's rollable if you're weak). Benny tells me it's one of the best jumps ever so I hope we see you all there on the day!! :D

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good luck with that! Be sure to grab some snaps of this 11 meter jump, sounds exciting :)

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'll be there racing my dad will have the vid cam so yeah. you sure it's 11 meters not 11 feet? 11 meters is like 35 foot....

S.

ex offender
oz-freerider said:
i'll be there racing my dad will have the vid cam so yeah. you sure it's 11 meters not 11 feet? 11 meters is like 35 foot....
Where's the credit for that quote, ey? :wink:

I think they mean 11ft.... nobody (bar a handful of nutcases) would hit a 35ft double.

S.

ex offender
Holy shit... apparently it really is 11 metres! What I want to know is whether it's a double or a table... I'll hit a table that size, but no way in hell am I about to hit an 11m double.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Lol maybe its a little 2 foot kicker that you hit at 60kph and fly 11 or so metres :? Hehehe :D

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Holy shit... apparently it really is 11 metres! What I want to know is whether it's a double or a table... I'll hit a table that size, but no way in hell am I about to hit an 11m double.
she said it was rollable..so im guessing table

S.

ex offender
andrew said:
Socket said:
she said it was rollable..so im guessing table
Not necessarily, the double at Eildon was rollable... and being "able" to roll it generally infers (in my mind anyway) that under most similar circumstances (ie other jumps just like this one), it would not be rollable... therefore I would say there's a fair chance that it's a double. Which is damn scary!

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
The guy who built it says double- with a 2ft drop at the end or something? It is definitly 11meters. almost as fast to roll both as to gap it but apparently very smooth either way.

i can't wait to see it- i'm not allowed up there even without a bike incase i grab someones bike to ride it- im supposed to be recovering from a broken toe so im not alowed to ride till the race...
anyway hope we see y'all there!!!!!!!!!

nhd

Likes Dirt
lindsay said:
What double at eildon? :?

Someone has to send in a pic of this jump. 11 metres is huge!
ill be there with my camera granted that spectators are welcome :)

S.

ex offender
lindsay said:
What double at eildon? :?

Someone has to send in a pic of this jump. 11 metres is huge!
The double at Eildon that was at the end of the course at the State Champs a few weeks ago... it was the final double from the 4x course there, only fixed up so it was actually jumpable.

Yeah I agree, 11 metres is massive.... unless it's a stepdown gap (like a road gap) where it's not a tabletop but you land on flat unless you make the landing... I sure hope so!

S.

ex offender
Here's some pics from FTF.com.au

Not quite as psycho as I had envisioned, which is good in that it means I can do (or at least try) it, but not so good in that I won't be able to see anyone from _____ (certain Melburnian bike shop) crash and burn :D

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Here's some pics from FTF.com.au

Not quite as psycho as I had envisioned, which is good in that it means I can do (or at least try) it, but not so good in that I won't be able to see anyone from _____ (certain Melburnian bike shop) crash and burn :D
hehehe now whos that eh?