Victorian MTB Representation

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
What i am suggesting is that a standard template/ document is used by all MTB groups in their dealings with Parks and that we need to carry more of the load so Parks dont have to. Dont come with issues or requests come with solutions and plans .
That's what we do. We get a race in on PV managed ground when we ask nicely and work with both the MTB guidelines and the relevant park management plan. Simple but not easy.

It's not unlike asking for trading access here in that respect.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Great info in this thread. Does anyone know who the current mtba Vic rep is? Would be great to get their opinion.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Check this out;
http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/projects/cycling/cycling-strategy

So there is $30,000,000 going into cycling in Victoria this year. It also says they are making it easier to build infrastructure and run events.
So the money is there and the red tape is being stripped back. We are also approaching an election. It's a pretty good time to kick this off I think.
Yep election year... 10m on cycling and 20m on tv ads to tell you about how much they investing in cycling....

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Yep election year... 10m on cycling and 20m on tv ads to tell you about how much they investing in cycling....
That exact thought was just going through my head.
But this is Victoria. It will be $10M on road signs for bikes and $20M on tv ads.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Check this out;
http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/projects/cycling/cycling-strategy

So there is $30,000,000 going into cycling in Victoria this year. It also says they are making it easier to build infrastructure and run events.
So the money is there and the red tape is being stripped back. We are also approaching an election. It's a pretty good time to kick this off I think.
Sorry bloke but by my reading of the Action Plan for this year...it's already allocated and little of it is for MTB. It's mostly about community connector and tourist trails plus a whole heap of words that justify why some government departments are getting a budget allocation for 'cycling'. Most of it seems to be for wages and consultants to produce documents, promotional material, data and more policy.

Think of it as more of a place to start...my suggestion based on a flick of it is that various Vic clubs would be remiss if they didn't contact their local Department of Planning and Community Development office and have a yarn about getting their club a seat at the table in any ongoing policy & action plan development. Especially if you are a regional club...with particular attention to Direction 1 and (especially) Direction 5 in the Action Plan.

You won't win any prizes right away but being there means that when a bureaucrat is looking for a place to park some cash in the future to make his/her budget & project delivery timeline look schmick...you have a ready parking place.