Video makers 'post here'

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also I know this isn't a for sale section but I'm selling my Canon HV40. Comes with piles of extras and is relatively cheap seeing as I'm keen to sell. All the gear you need to get filming straight away and is perfect for anyone who wants a cheap camera which produces a great image.

Anyway I'll stop ruining the thread but PM me if you're interested and I'll send you all the specific details.

Thxbai

Sam.

Eats Squid
Two vids in two days, double post.. blergh:
[video=vimeo;15247349]http://www.vimeo.com/15247349[/video]

jimmy irwin

Likes Dirt
That video looks very pro, the image is unbelievably clear :rolleyes:

Would anyone happen to have used this website to purchase camera equipment before http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=2369

It just seems some of the products are really cheap for what they are selling for in camera stores and what not..
Also, if someone could give me their opinion on the Canon 550D, if they have had any experience filming with this camera and could share some pro's and con's that would be great.

Cheers, Jimmy

eddy1.7

Likes Dirt
A lot of factors go into both questions you asked.
Luke I'm fiar sure you're in my year, or year 8.
When you get one of those school laptops, they come with a pretty good editing software called Adobe Premier Elements 8, I can teach you how to get the program files and put them onto another compter, as the program runs REALLY shit on the laptops.
It's fairly average, but can still accomplish some very advanced tasks.

As for angles, that can depend a lot on lighting, direction of the track, what you are trying to achieve (show size, show angle, show style eg whip or scrub). Just try and see what works for you I suppose.
thanks man, yeah im in noodles classes, i seen some of your filming and the look fucking sick!

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Would anyone happen to have used this website to purchase camera equipment before
Yooo,

I just bought a 550D from that exact shop less than a few weeks ago. Can't recommend the site enough! Was shipped here in around three business days. Only issue is that it's a "grey" import, meaning if you need to service the warranty, you need to send it back to DWI and they'll take care of it, instead of being able to take it to a canon place in Aus.

Also, grab the "Kiss X4" model if the name doesn't matter. It's the exact same as the 550D, except it comes with Japanese or something installed on the camera (just need to change to english) and has "kiss x4" instead of "550D" (it's marketed toward the Japanese market, hence the name). That saves you an easy $100.

Grab the 50mm f1.8 along with it for like $100, can't beat the price.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thread needs a bump.

For anyone interested I'm selling my camera. Look here for details.

Also if anyone who has half decent editing skills and wants me to love them forever it would be great if you would be able to make me a really basic opening title. If anyone's keen I'll give you some details. On the other hand I could stop being so lazy and try to teach myself but the first option definitely sounds better :rolleyes:

brindog

Likes Dirt
A Keeper - Short Film

Though I would share my short film me and a few mates done last week.

Jonathan a young man, has just made a big decision in his life, he has moved to a new country, far away from family and friends. With no where to stay, he searches for a place to settle down for a while. Eventually he finds a place to rent, its a room in a large house in the country. The owner is quite nice and welcoming, but is he really what he make's out to be........

[video=youtube;8kJwerWaOdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kJwerWaOdo[/video]

Was good fun putting together, Tell us what you think.
Cheers

MTBalltheway

Likes Dirt
Help!

Alrighty, so I have been keen for a new video camera for a while now,

anyone got any tips for a camcorder for $200-$400 which would be good to use on a tripod and make some alright downhill riding films?

So far I've found this Sanyo SH1 as the best one (full hd for around $300) http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/products/vpc_sh1/index.html

And do you think I need a full HD (1080) or just regular HD (720) for vimeo and youtube videos.

Thanks!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Alrighty, so I have been keen for a new video camera for a while now,

anyone got any tips for a camcorder for $200-$400 which would be good to use on a tripod and make some alright downhill riding films?

So far I've found this Sanyo SH1 as the best one (full hd for around $300) http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/products/vpc_sh1/index.html

And do you think I need a full HD (1080) or just regular HD (720) for vimeo and youtube videos.

Thanks!
You won't get anything even remotely decent for $200-$400, add another $500-$1000 and you'll get something a lot more practical.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Though I would share my short film me and a few mates done last week.

Jonathan a young man, has just made a big decision in his life, he has moved to a new country, far away from family and friends. With no where to stay, he searches for a place to settle down for a while. Eventually he finds a place to rent, its a room in a large house in the country. The owner is quite nice and welcoming, but is he really what he make's out to be........

Was good fun putting together, Tell us what you think.
Cheers
Really enjoyed it man, only downer is I have no idea what happened to John.

brindog

Likes Dirt
Really enjoyed it man, only downer is I have no idea what happened to John.
Thanks.
Yeah we weren't to sure how to end it, so we thought we would leave it in the air, and a new tenant coming into checkout the place ... another victim.
Its not as clear as we wanted it to turn out though.

I will upload some bloopers soon.;)

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get it for? Did you get the HD version or do you think the regular version is fine for a DSLR? Also how are you going about carrying around a tripod, dolly, jib and glidecam around amongst other things?

I agree with the wanky name but I've used one and they're pretty rad once you get them correctly weighted.

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, i was just wondering where i could download that transition of flames? Alot of you guys use it its like like flickering red flames whilst transferring from clip to clip. Hope you guys know what im talking about.

If you guys do - where can i download it?

Cheers Xplor.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hey guys, i was just wondering where i could download that transition of flames? Alot of you guys use it its like like flickering red flames whilst transferring from clip to clip. Hope you guys know what im talking about.

Cheers Xplor.
The affect is called "film burn", it just overlaps the normal footage, vimeo it and there are samples you can download.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cheers Xplor.
It's called a film burn effect. Here's one that Mitch put on vimeo here: http://vimeo.com/5200077 The instructions are in the description. Hope that helps.