Video makers 'post here'

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I did some shooting for a mates bmx edit on my 7D in Full HD 1080 @ 24fps.
I am planning on doing some more shooting in 720 @ 60fps so I can have a play in twixtor with it.
Can i just put the two together in premiere or do i have to convert them?

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I did some shooting for a mates bmx edit on my 7D in Full HD 1080 @ 24fps.
I am planning on doing some more shooting in 720 @ 60fps so I can have a play in twixtor with it.
Can i just put the two together in premiere or do i have to convert them?
If premier is anything like FCP then you will be able to. Set up the sequence at 720p24 and then you have the ability of cropping some of the earlier footage if you wish.

For twixtor it works best on a simple background, i.e. Low shot with bike framed by blue/ white sky. When it has to work out what to do with detail like bush behind tyres expect it to fuck up. Also, Slow the footage down first to 24p then apply twixtor.

EDIT: Rendog, buy a Sony PMW F3... if you have a cool $16000 lying around.

Last edited:

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
How do I convert it to 24fps?
When using twixtor with 24fps footage, it totally stuffed up.
I've never used Premiere before, but you've got 60fps footage. To get it to 24p you need to slow it down by 250% or 40% (which ever the program does to get it to go slower). it should then be running at 24p. Then apply twixtor.

I personally prefer to slow and edit individual clips in After Effects. In After Effects I open a new composition with the video clip, go to Composition Settings and change the frame rate to 24p, then I slow the footage, apply twixtor, then colour correct and export the clip as an edited file to then use in the sequence.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Prem work flow for twixtor.
Import source footage to project.
Right click in project and select interpret footage, main.
In box that comes up select conform footage to ( in box put 24fps ) click ok.
You may then place the footage in track and it will play back at 24fps.
Simple and ready for your composiion and twixtor.
When filming for twixtor the frames per second helps though so does your shutter speed.
As twixtor fills the gaps between frames it is better to have clear cut non blured frames when you stop them. Therefore a faster shutter speed than normal is desirable. Also static shots work better than moving ones.
As a rule I shoot with the slowest possible shutter speed. When I see a shot good for twixtor I will move the shutter up around 200 - 250 depending on the subject and how quickly they move.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a Panasonic GH2 w/ Canon adapter and a Canon FD 50mm f1.4 Lens and 8gb card x2, carry case, battery, what not all for $1300 just then. stoked. the lens is just a starter and im sure i'll have a huge collection in months to come.

brindog

Likes Dirt
Murbah Vice - Short Film

Just finished another short film, and finally got it onto youtube. Was wicked fun making it, keen to film another soon. :eek:
Used my 7D with Beachtek DXA-SLR XLR and Rode NTG2, FCP for editing, and AF for VFX.

Here it is.....
Detective Wachawski has a lot to live up to with his dad being a highly respected cop. The day to day crime on todays streets, keeps Wachawski and his partner Detective Perkins on there toes. Crime has changed, villains have changed. See these young detectives take the law in there own hands
and in there own way.

ENJOY :D
[video=youtube;LfRwzTWcoFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRwzTWcoFw[/video]

Feedback really appreciated. Cheers

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, i made my first video with my new camera, Canon EOS 60D. The lens i used were 50mm, and 18-135mm. It was put together put together pretty quickly, no color correction.
Watch in HD.

[video=youtube;QxABmDLhgIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxABmDLhgIk[/video]

Sam.

Eats Squid
Found some surf footage from ages ago that I never even watched, stoked!

[video=vimeo;21015986]http://vimeo.com/21015986[/video]

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
I put this clip together real quick as a bit of a joke at first. The first edit was made entirely on the iphone - recording lap data, overlaying it on video footage and editing/titles etc with the iMovie app. I subsequently did a 2nd edit with iMovie on my mac, but it's much the same, just a bit easier and faster to work with.
[video=youtube;v18ydtvKv1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v18ydtvKv1k&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Eventually I hope to have enough footage so that I can cut together an whole lap of the track with overtaking moves etc - no boring bits. I kinda want to record with my P&S camera though, mounted so I can get some video of what my hands are doing.

OFB

Likes Bikes
Editing Software

A slight gravedig but anyway.
Im looking to improve my videos and am looking at getting new editing software. At the moment im using imovie which i find is really holding me back. What would you recomend for something as cheaps as possible yet still good quality, (full HD editing/ exporting, titles, effects, transitions.) Some of the programs I've been looking at are Adobe premiere elements, Final cut express and sony vegas.

What are your thoughts, experiences and recomendations?

Thanks in advance.;)

p.s. I did do a search but nothing of great use came up. sorry if this has already been covered.

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Final Cut, I am personally awaiting the release of 'X' but I think that would be out of your 'cheap' price range, just go for Express.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
A slight gravedig but anyway.
Im looking to improve my videos and am looking at getting new editing software. At the moment im using imovie which i find is really holding me back. What would you recomend for something as cheaps as possible yet still good quality, (full HD editing/ exporting, titles, effects, transitions.) Some of the programs I've been looking at are Adobe premiere elements, Final cut express and sony vegas.

What are your thoughts, experiences and recomendations?

Thanks in advance.;)

p.s. I did do a search but nothing of great use came up. sorry if this has already been covered.
Guessing you're on a Mac due to mentioning Final Cut.
I've personally had great experience with Adobe Premiere Elements, and have been using that for about a year up until a few months ago when I 'obtained' a copy of Premiere Pro CS5 and haven't looked back.
I'd suggest Elements, but with that being said, I haven't used Vegas or Final Cut...