Video makers 'post here'

MTBmaster05

Likes Dirt
Okaay sick. I have just recently got a Camera, fujifilm HS10 and made a video in 1080p, now when i uploaded it to youtube, pinkbike, rotorburn ECT the quality was farkkked. and also, is there a video i can buy/download on how to film riders, like angles, zooming and panning. Becase im really intrested and just using a tri-pod. but want to make a sponno vid for my mate, 4th in Australia for u17's so it has to be fairly good. :)

cheers hayden

Xplor

Likes Dirt
:( Thought your reply was a answer to my question. And as to your question, just watch lots of video on downhill mtb or in general just good video and you will learn the different techniques from just watching it.

MTBmaster05

Likes Dirt
I got my laptop back from school with the whole Adobe Suite CS5, except for Premier thats CS5. Anyways i was wondering if i was able to convert my raw footage from my DSLR (Canon 60D) to a file thats smaller and easier to work with in Premier Pro CS4, without losing quality? I know there is ProRes for FCP, but what about Premier?
nah sorry mate. no idea.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
I got my laptop back from school with the whole Adobe Suite CS5, except for Premier thats CS5. Anyways i was wondering if i was able to convert my raw footage from my DSLR (Canon 60D) to a file thats smaller and easier to work with in Premier Pro CS4, without losing quality? I know there is ProRes for FCP, but what about Premier?
I don't think you can do it in premiere, i've got a program called 'Any Video Converter' that can convert anything into almost anything. have a look around for it on pirate bay.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know where i can get CineForm NeoScene for free or similar?
You can use MPEG Streamclip (freeware) to convert your footage to XDCAM EX. This will be easier for your system to edit than the MP4's the 60D creates.

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, ill give that MPEG Stream one, a try. And ._._._._._. if you do come across i code i would love to be able to get NeoScene.

brindog

Likes Dirt
Go settings

Hi fellow Film Makers
Im shooting a film on the weekend with my 7d, and I am thinking of mixing in some Gopro footage as well for a car chase scene.

Just wondering what setting I should put the Go pro on the match up with best to the 7d.
Should I select setting 1080p (1920x1080) R5 or 720p (1280 x 720) R3 ?
Im thinking 720 ?, but not 100% sure, any help appreciated. Can't test now because I don't have the camera's with me, an I would really like to know.

Cheers ;)

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Hi fellow Film Makers
Im shooting a film on the weekend with my 7d, and I am thinking of mixing in some Gopro footage as well for a car chase scene.

Just wondering what setting I should put the Go pro on the match up with best to the 7d.
Should I select setting 1080p (1920x1080) R5 or 720p (1280 x 720) R3 ?
Im thinking 720 ?, but not 100% sure, any help appreciated. Can't test now because I don't have the camera's with me, an I would really like to know.

Cheers ;)
The 7D cam shoot either 1080p or 720p but I'm assuming your shooting 1080p on the 7D?

If so, then technically 1080p on the Gopro would best match. Although, if you plan on doing any slo-mo then you might be better shooting 720p 50 (or 60) as I will allow you to do smoother Slomo. One thing to be aware of is that you get a lot more 'Rolling Shutter' issues on the GoPro when shooting 1080p especially with fast action and on bumpy roads. You really should test before shooting to work out what works for your situation.

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone here have any footage of bike riding / sport in general using a camera with 25p and 50i and is not a DSLR, I thought for a long time about getting a 7D but have been officially put off one when I had a go at filming with one, it just isn't the same as the one's I am used too, also I plan too add a lot of external things to the camera which you can't put on a DSLR, I will most likely get one down the track but want something more preferable first. I am currently looking at just Sony (good past history with them) so looking at the V1, as that's my price range, 2000-3000... This may have been answered previously, but I have not looked back through, cheers for any replys.

EDIT: Considering the Z5 a lot more than the V1 now, as I can purchase one for around 4000 - 4500, and seems to be best for price, anyone got any footage?

Also open to other brands, not to keen on the Canon XH series though.

Last edited:

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
I thought for a long time about getting a 7D but have been officially put off one when I had a go at filming with one, it just isn't the same as the one's I am used too
Just thought I would add the Red is looking at a release of Scarlet very soon, they are predicted to be shipping to red one owners late April, so just a thought anyhow.

The Epic-M is already shipping and Epic-X is being shipped very soon. Scarlet is actually fully working right now, production line has not begun for it however.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just thought I would add the Red is looking at a release of Scarlet very soon, they are predicted to be shipping to red one owners late April, so just a thought anyhow.

The Epic-M is already shipping and Epic-X is being shipped very soon. Scarlet is actually fully working right now, production line has not begun for it however.
I totally forgot about RED completely, any idea on how they will drop for? considering the ONE is 25k

Last edited:

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
50i in principle, is pretty much the same thing as 25p, so it's not that large an advantage over 25p...
This video is my Demo Reel for 2010, and was all shot in 50i on my Canon HF200, which is essentially a handycam.
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/178035/
25p looks completely different to shooting 50i. 50i will give you much smoother motion than 25p. Shooting 50i is more like shooting 720p50.

Getting on, I agree that shooting with a DSLR is nothing like shooting with a regular video camera but pretty much anything you can attach to a video camera you can attach to a DSLR.
If you want the DSLR look but with a little more auto features you could try the Panasonic GH2. Currently, I think this camera is better than the Canon alternatives especially for sport as it has very little Rolling Shutter issues. Also, it had autofocus if that's what your after.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
25p looks completely different to shooting 50i. 50i will give you much smoother motion than 25p. Shooting 50i is more like shooting 720p50.

Getting on, I agree that shooting with a DSLR is nothing like shooting with a regular video camera but pretty much anything you can attach to a video camera you can attach to a DSLR.
If you want the DSLR look but with a little more auto features you could try the Panasonic GH2. Currently, I think this camera is better than the Canon alternatives especially for sport as it has very little Rolling Shutter issues. Also, it had autofocus if that's what your after.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up with the 50i and 25p, becuase I did not know that. the Panasonic aye? does it compare with prices between the 7D and itself, I cant find much on it on the net... (price wise), on a second note, I am looking more at the 7D, purchasing one at the same time, has anyone dealt with DWI at all? so cheap just cant go past it, im assuming buying one off eBay from asian countries would be the same camera as buying it off DWI? Cheers

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Here is the gh2.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/panaso..._string=Gh2&search_category_id=0&match_type=1

It's quite a bit cheaper than the 7d. Honestly, if I was buying a DSLR for video now I wouldn't go with the 7D unless I already had a heap of Canon lenses and accessories I wanted to keep.

Not sure about DWI but I bought my 7D from an EBay seller in Hong Kong as I needed it for a job and the 7D hadn't been released yet. I ordered on the Friday arvo and it was in my hand Tuesday morning.
Thankfully I havent had any warranty issues which could be the only issue as you would have to send the camera back to them.