Video makers 'post here'

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah that won't make a difference, I've driven mine through all sorts of terrain and speed, never fell off once, or came loose.

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
Bumping this thread.

What hae you been working on lately?

I've recently taken quite an interest in film making, specifically short clips (like the one by gluey up a bit). Any tips?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
WTF is Neurocam?

It's not bike related, but I've been working on this:

[video=vimeo;31470717]http://vimeo.com/31470717[/video]

I'm having a free screening at Kino next Sunday if anyone is interested. RSVP is essential so we can keep track of numbers, but there should be plenty of room as the theater seats 220.

Neurocam_Invite_Postcard.jpg

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Yeah, found that just before.
Thanks to you I'e spent the last 40 minutes digging about Neurocam as opposed to do maths.

I know this isn't the place but does anyone actually know it's final/main purpose?
The best I found was that it was a group of students from Melbourne Uni - so probably running an experiment/game.
The film reveals everything :)

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thoughts? So was Red Scarlet and Avid 6
It's cool that canon is entering the Digital Cinema scene (very very late)

But they state "We will see where the marketplace is taken and act on it" (not direct quote, but the exact same message) and this is stupid of them, they have all the force behind them to lead the market rather than act on what other companies do, so on the announcement day, like many predicted, Red absolutely kicked there ass.

A 4k sensor that down samples to 1080 (1080 is each individual Red, Green, Blue) is just useless, Red have stated on more than one occasion that 4k is the future and that's the direction there company will go forth in, yet Canon doesn't retaliate with anything.

I put my deposit down for a Scarlett.

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
I put my deposit down for a Scarlett.
Really? So did I. What package and mount did you get?

Yer the down sampling is stupid. It was something to do with avoiding interpolation during the debayer process so you are getting true 1080p from the sensor.
Did you hear about the possibility of the next gen DSLR's having a 4K video function?

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put a deposit down on the AL mount package, I will use a range of different lenses on it though and most likely no PL ones.

I did see that, I'm keen to see if it is down sampled just like the C300, my bet is that it will be.

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
Put a deposit down on the AL mount package, I will use a range of different lenses on it though and most likely no PL ones.
Same, the 14K one.
Got a couple extra batteries as well because all I had was power problems on set with the red one.
Allot of people want to rent it out with the PL mount now so I am going to need to buy that.

I am confused about the upgrade. If/when we upgrade to dragon, does it become a whole new camera.
Like Epic turns into Dragon not Epic-dragon and Scarlet into Dragon not Scarlet-dragon? Is that correct?

I did see that, I'm keen to see if it is down sampled just like the C300, my bet is that it will be.
Read this ^ wrong and wrote whats below, but in case people didn't know I will leave it. Thought you were wondering if Red down sampled

No red don't down sample they "punch in" and use the interpolation method during debayering.
So when you pick a lower resolution it simply uses a smaller part of the sensor and ignores the rest. This changes your focal lengths by the way, if you want to shoot wide angle slow motion you will need a very wide lens to punch in on. I recommend downloading the app 'Artemis - The directors viewfinder' for iPhone & iPad which allows you to choose your camera, resolution and lenses and shows you the Field of View.

Last edited:

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Problem with the Scarlet's 'Punch in' is when you want to overcrank you need to change resolution thus changing the FOV. This kinda sucks as it means you then need to change lens to compensate. Bit of a hassle.