Views exclusive to two wheels

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Where is this nice place?
Just north of Berowra before Cowan, it was a NPWS field research facility but it recently closed down and the knocked down all the buildings.
I used to be able to see the station from my place then noticed it was missing a while back.
Did a job for the only private residence on the same road and he said it was all gone and to go for it.

There’s more out there as well. But it’s all firetrail with some decent steep sections, fun down, brutal up. Ended up walking some of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
^^^ I've tried doing some Great North Walk in that region - can't really ride it! I know the elevation feeling...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
^^^ I've tried doing some Great North Walk in that region - can't really ride it! I know the elevation feeling...
Yeah the GNW is pretty inaccessible to bikes. There some fun sections but too much hike a bike to make a go of it. One of my favorite off limits rides is the Sphinx trail at bobbin head, undulates along the river and is mostly fast and flowy trail lined with pine neeedles.
Exploration is fun for some variety, but have to keep an eye out for ranger danger!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
Just north of Berowra before Cowan, it was a NPWS field research facility but it recently closed down and the knocked down all the buildings.
I used to be able to see the station from my place then noticed it was missing a while back.
Did a job for the only private residence on the same road and he said it was all gone and to go for it.

There’s more out there as well. But it’s all firetrail with some decent steep sections, fun down, brutal up. Ended up walking some of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks for Intel! I love that area, it's home to me as I grew up in Pittwater. I'd give a left nut to live there now but the right nut likes the mountains.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Awesome shot. Ferny places for biking are always special.

How you manage to take shots from your phone with no hands is amazing on its own :) GoPro be buggered.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Another thread I didn't know existed!

Here's one from the lookout where Red Cliffs gets it's name.

Same place, looking the opposite direction in a dust storm

A little way downstream, Pump Hill Merbein

And a little bit more downstream. Not exactly exclusive, but access is dirt road only.

And just for something different, outside the lower entrance to Eagle MTB park

Deep inside

And smack bang in the middle :)