Visiting Canberra

hotsauce

Likes Bikes
Hello Canberra riders,
im on holidays for a couple of weeks in Canberra, just wondering if anyone is keen to hook up for a ride (DH) and show me some of the tracks, i have been to Mt Majura and rode the DH track there. Also had a look at the DH track at Isaacs, but haven't been down on my bike. Looks like a great track, is the only way up by walking or can you shuttle it?
Also is Mt Stromlo completely closed or is the old track still open for riding?
If anyone is keen for a ride you can sms me on 0422157883 or pm me or just post a reply.
Cheers,
Dave

astroboy

CORC Trails team
Stromlo DH IS CLOSED

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately Stromlo DH is fully closed until after the Nationals (or until 3days before, if you are competing). But there are still a few DH tracks around other than Majura. We have a DH track at Isaacs Ridge, as well as one at the Kowen Club Course on Sutton Road. I don't race DH (yet) so am not the best person to take you on le tour de Canberra gravity. Demo-man is probably the best person to talk to about hooking you up with someone, else one of the other Canberra DH lurkers might step up with an offer.

Hope you get some great riding in while you are down here.

Cheers.

Astro
CORC Trails Team

bbspecial

Likes Dirt
hey,
i am heading up there soon (about a weeks time). never been there before. want to find some stuff to ride and some one to ride with. hopefully see you up there.