Visiting Sydney Dec 12-14... Looking for a trail mate and some good tech riding

M3the01

Cannon Fodder
If anyone can get out I would luv to hit some of your trails with an experienced local. Say 3-4hrs, 25-40km and 2500-6000ft is Kool,

I would be happy to return the favor if you visit Santa cruz Cali area.

I also need to rent a bike, if you can suggest somewhere that has yeti, ibis, intense, specialized... In that order, I would appreciate ;-).

Finally, I would be happy to provide lunch and a couple beers after.

Hope someone replies back,

M3the01

Cannon Fodder
No enduro / all mountain around Sydney? I checked some videos of Sydney DH mtb and it looks more enduro like with some some jump sections.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Firstly, Sydney has none of the elevation you're after. It's an undulating city for sure, but probably not what you're thinking.

Secondly, it's unlikely that you'll find somewhere renting high-end mountain bikes.

If you did want an afternoon with some biking Sydney style, getting someone to show you Gahnia and Serrata would be nice as you get a lovely trip through some beautiful local bushland and sandstone. These are very short tracks however. You can add Manly Dam and some other stuff to extend the ride.

What you're probably really looking for is to be had in the Snowy Mountains or Tasmania, largely. A long way from Sydney.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm not in Sydney any more, I have a feeling OMV is currently under re-construction, but locals can fill you in on that.

Manly Dam is fine, but since you're coming from Santa Cruz you may well wonder what the fuss is about. Sydney-siders haven't got much to choose from mtb wise, unfortunately. Part of the reason I moved to Canberra.

If you only have a couple of days in Sydney, having come all that way, I wouldn't spend that short time on a mountain bike.

Get out on the harbour on a boat for the day, see a show at the Opera house, climb the bridge, hit some beaches etc.

safreek

I checked some videos of Sydney DH mtb and it looks more enduro like with some some jump sections.
yeah, all sydneysiders are #endurobro. Just don't go to Victoria if you are after fun, you will hear all about world probs and most probably get many offers of sex from middle aged men:mmph:, hehe.