VitalMTB's long Enduro test vid

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Haven’t seen a conparo like this for ages! Good video, i just wish they’d use control tyres. There cheap enough amd make a huge difference to the capabilities of a bike.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I watched this last actually. Really enjoyed it.
I wish more reviews were like this!

That Orbea is definitely a winning 'dark horse'. Shame about their pricing. :(

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Great video. Control tyres would have been good but ultimately it was comparing bikes in stock form.

Weird that they had the time to test a dh bike but didn't include Yeti, SC or the reigning champs Nukeproof.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

I know why they did it, but tyres can and do limit a frames potential. Make a mention of what tyres the bike comes with, and why you swapped them?

“Well this bikes is slower cause we burped the single ply tyres, so we’d change that. But this other bike is the faster bike. Because it had proper tyres”. Nobody serious about endurbro is running single ply tyres damnit. If I had a youtube account I’d let em know what for in the comments, but I don’t so now you guys have to read it hahaha

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nobody serious about endurbro is running single ply tyres damnit.
a. How many people buying those bikes will be full on endurobro.

b. How many people will be seriously riding those bikes up to their full potential straight away.

c. Different people go for different tyres. Not everyone runs dhfs in double down.

d. When you've just thrown down 10k on a bike you will probably want to wear out the oem tyres while you get used to the bike before spending another $150 on tyres.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

A. People that go to a review based around the fastest bike and use that as a determining factor to sway their decision will be. The general comments on ride characteristics of each bike/build are great at the start, but if you want to go the fastest down a dh trail then you spec tyres appropriately.

B. Not many. But tyres aimed at dh/enduro racing will take them closer if they want the fastest bike down hill.

C. Exactly. That’s why they should pick the tester preference for the trail they are racing on and keep it consistent. There consumeable parts and will be replaced/swapped out for different conditions anyway. It’s common practice in moto mags for them to swap tyres out when they don’t suit the conditions, or if there rubbish and they explain why they did so.

D. When you’ve thrown 10k at a bike, another $150 isn’t going to mean anything surely. If it is, should you really be dropping 10k? an 8k bike with numerable tyres is the better choice.

Last edited:

Majin

Likes Dirt
I don't know about the rest of you, but id rather have a slower bike and have it be more fun. Then have a slightly faster racier bike and be stiff sore and sorry after riding it.

It sucks they didnt include the Hightower though :(. I like that bike

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I don't know about the rest of you, but id rather have a slower bike and have it be more fun. Then have a slightly faster racier bike and be stiff sore and sorry after riding it.

It sucks they didnt include the Hightower though :(. I like that bike
Same here, don't race anymore, its all about lively and fun now days. However if I was racing I'd want to maximize everything towards pure speed. Another thing I have noticed about your more enduro-bro race orientated bikes, unless the hills steep enough and you ride aggressively, they are generally a bit of a pig all round.

Also agree with Ultra Lord, head to head test should always be run with the same tyres, they are a disposable item - you run what suits your riding conditions, takes a large random variable out of the review process.

Ultra Lord

I sold my reign to buy a scout. Short and playful is what im all about.
It does beat me up more than the reign though....... and is slower on proper rough tracks. So a win-lose? Damn compromises

I don't know about the rest of you, but id rather have a slower bike and have it be more fun. Then have a slightly faster racier bike and be stiff sore and sorry after riding it