Vitus Sentier

Macr

Likes Dirt
Got my new bike a few days ago. Ordered from Wiggle, as postage was cheaper than from CRC. Took about 9 days to get here.

Features:
Frame: Sentier 27.5" hardtail, 6061 Alloy, Boost spacing
Forks: Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 27.5", 140mm, Boost, 15x110mm, Kabolt axle, 44mm offset, RAIL damper, tapered
Speed: 12 speed
Rear Shock: N/A
Brakes: Shimano MT501, resin pads without fin, SM-MA-F180P-P2 adaptor, 180mm 6-bolt SM-RT56 rotors
Shifter: SRAM SX Eagle
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle
Cassette: SRAM SX Eagle, 11-50T
Chainset: SRAM SX Eagle, 32T, 170mm, GXP 73mm, 53mm Boost chainline, Powerspline
Chain: SRAM SX Eagle
Rims: WTB ST i30, TCS 2.0, 27.5", 30mm inner rim width, 32H, pinned joint
Front Hub: Vitus DHF112, 32H, Boost, 110x15mm, double sealed bearings, 6-bolt
Rear Hub: Vitus M5ER, 32H, Boost, 148x12mm, double sealed bearings, 6-bolt
Tyres: Front: Schwalbe Magic Mary Evo, 27.5x2.6", SnakeSkin, TLE, ADDIX Soft; Rear: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Evo, 27.5x2.6", SnakeSkin, TLE, ADDIX, SpeedGrip
Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
Seatpost: Brand X Ascend, 31.6mm, left hand remote lever
Seat Clamp: Vitus, 34.9mm diameter, quick-release lever
Stem: Vitus, 50mm, 31.8mm diameter, 3° rise, 45mm stack height
Bars: Nukeproof Neutron, 25mm rise, 31.8mm diameter
Headset: Acros, zero stack 44/56mm
Weight: 13.70kg

tobbogonist

a registered member
Awsome.
I was going to ask here about buying bikes from wiggle, looking at the mythique before all this job insecurity dropped and I decided maybe not spend 2500 on a bike.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Awsome.
I was going to ask here about buying bikes from wiggle, looking at the mythique before all this job insecurity dropped and I decided maybe not spend 2500 on a bike.
Just for you situational awareness, all import duties and GST is covered in purchase of the bike. Just be sure to check shipping rates between CRC and Wiggle. It was ~$260 IIRC for postage from CRC, but $76 from Wiggle.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Just for you situational awareness, all import duties and GST is covered in purchase of the bike. Just be sure to check shipping rates between CRC and Wiggle. It was ~$260 IIRC for postage from CRC, but $76 from Wiggle.
Thanks mate, I was not sure about the import duties.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Got my new bike a few days ago. Ordered from Wiggle, as postage was cheaper than from CRC. Took about 9 days to get here.

Features:
Frame: Sentier 27.5" hardtail, 6061 Alloy, Boost spacing

Weight: 13.70kg
appears heavy for an alloy ht, heavy wheelSet?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Nice looking rig. Interesting the difference in postage costs CRC vs Wiggle, wouldn't have expected that so good tip for new players there (or dopey older players like myself).

Macr

Likes Dirt
appears heavy for an alloy ht, heavy wheelSet?
I am yet to convert to tubeless, that will drop some weight. Being a plus bike with 2.6" DH tyres adds weight as well.
But at the end of the day it isn't about weight for me, if I wanted to reduce weight, then I could lose a couple of kilos, which would have greater value than dropping a kilo off the bike.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Nice looking rig. Interesting the difference in postage costs CRC vs Wiggle, wouldn't have expected that so good tip for new players there (or dopey older players like myself).
Neither would I, but I had $2k to play with and when it came over that budget from CRC, I looked for discount codes, other options and then thought to myself, see if Wiggle had any discounts running.

Macr

Likes Dirt
615g of cassette won't help.

@Macr - great looking bike - love the colour and the red fork. Gives off a great "jump on and let's mow everything down" vibe. Enjoy
Thanks Slowmick. I am happy with my purchase, especially when my last few bikes were $2.8k and up. I feel you do get great value for the money, noting that when things die like the cassette, I can upspec if I want to.

As for a report, this is what I posted on Facebook.
"First ride of the Sentier today. Had to do some adjustments on the trail to fine tune saddle height and angle, but after that it was a case of getting used to the bike.
I felt that the the cockpit size sits me up a bit more than my other bikes and I feel a bit further forward over the pedals and bars, but I felt that the bike was sure footed in corners.
The bars are super wide and I'm not sure that I like it that wide but will persist for a while to confirm that it is not that I'm not used to them.
It takes a bit too get used to the dropper post as I am a sit down to pedal type rider, but time should see me get used to it.
The forks feel amazing. Not sure if that is because I haven't had suspension in years or that the quality is so much better than what I remember.
Generally I am pretty impressed with this bike especially for under $2k delivered."

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
the deore model @1329 seems pretty good value, xfusion 130 fork(though only 32mm tubes) ..only piece of deore equipment seems to be the rear derailleur, all other bits are diff sunrace cass, suntour crank, tektro brakes
strangle xfusion website only mentions the fork going from 80-120..must have drilled/shaved another 10mm somewhere