Volunteers needed for Wild West Series Races

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TMBC is hosting two rounds of the Wild West Summer Series XC races on the 10th Feb & 10th March. Please post up if you can spare a few hrs to help or can rope someone else in.

This is a bit of a cut and paste from last year, so forgive me if some of the items have already been taken care of in my absence over the last couple of weeks.

Things that need doing before the day?
Parking area on the neighboring property organised? Permission from owner & area slashed? Yep, Ben has it sorted.
Porta Loos organised? Yep, Scott has this sorted
Council Permit organised? Yep, Jiel has this sorted
Plenty of flyers distributed around town? Yep, sounds like Perry and Steve have this under control
Club first aid kit located? Yep, with the timing gear.
Prizes organised from series sponsors? Yep, Bob is all over it
Are we going to set up a pre registration on the MTBA site?
Organise a Commisaire?

Who can volunteer on the day before?
Jobs will include:
Signage from Withcott to the track, including GO SLOW signs on Amos Rd - 1/2hr Timmy Holberton, Perry, Lloyd
Bunting of the course - 1-2hrs Perry, Lloyd, John Rafter, Jack Fitzy, Rod Hickey?, Pete Young? Jason to follow up Mark Farrington to see if any bunting leftover from previous years
Shopping for the BBQ/Drinks/Toilet Paper ;-) - 1-2hrs Mark Joy, Jason

Who can volunteer on the day?
Jobs will include:
Set up of easy ups & registration area - 6am ish Jason, Michael, Perry, Jaime
Car parking coordinator Steve
Registration - 7am-8am (Probably need 4-6 people for this) Michael Hazeldene, Perry, Jason, Jaime
Timing - 8am-9.30am (If 130 people show like they did for round 1 @ Adare, we should probably have 6 people for this, 2 for each grade?) Jason, Ryan, Perry, Deb, Ben's wife?, Lorretto
Track Marshalls- 4-6 people should be heaps. Lyle Jacobsen, Jaime McGuire, Lloyd Svenson, Andrew Cavaye, Timmy Holberton
BBQ/Drinks - 9.00am-10.00am (2-3 people) Mark Joy, Bob, Steve
Pull down of bunting after race - 9.30am-10.00am (2-3 people) TMBC members
Posting of results online. Jason/Ryan
Photo's? Rod Hickey, Pete Denyer?

Let me know if i have missed anything and i will add it to the list.

Most jobs on the day could be covered by the same 4-6 people & would require a total of 4hrs of your time. If your racing this is the time to get you Mums, Dads, WAGS etc involved. Without volunteers these events simply do not happen.

Last edited:

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
I'll be available to get set up on the Saturday and will be down early on Sunday to set up and do registration. In relation to some of the jobs:

Parking area on the neighboring property organised? Permission from owner & area slashed? Ben has apoken with the property owner in relation to both the WW races and the May weekend - all good and he is fine for us to slash if necessary. Legend!
Porta Loos organised? Scott was taking care of this one as well as the catering gear, esky, shirts, BBQ, generator and the timing gear (to be picked up Friday) Double legend!!
Council Permit organised? Jiel is onto this one
Plenty of flyers distributed around town?
Club first aid kit located?
Prizes organised from series sponsors? Bob is all over this
Are we going to set up a pre registration on the MTBA site? I personally think it's just as easy to do registration on the day

Perry

boltz

Likes Dirt
I've put up laminated posters in the usual places, but I thought you were delivering posters to the bike shops, Perry. If I got that wrong and you need a hand let me know mate.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are we going to set up a pre registration on the MTBA site? I personally think it's just as easy to do registration on the day

Perry
From the point of view of entering 130'ish names into the timing software on the morning of the race, it might be worth opening up online entry so that we can get the race started on time?

louispijpers

model citizen
Yeah I'll be away for the February race but can help out where ever needed for the March race.
I have the club generator and timing gear at my house as well as a few softdrinks so they can be pickup up whenever suits you guys.
For the timing, someone will need to source a laptop too..

conga

Squid
Hi Jason
I'll be able to help out on the Sunday, I'll come down what ever time and do what ever. Question; I know you might not have enough hands but do you think it would be a good idea to have 1 or 2 race marshals on the course? especially up the back or at the points where the different grades divert?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I'll be away for the February race but can help out where ever needed for the March race.
I have the club generator and timing gear at my house as well as a few softdrinks so they can be pickup up whenever suits you guys.
For the timing, someone will need to source a laptop too..
Louis, I'll grab that stuff from you. You'll need to give me a run down on how to use the software and set up the timing gear at some stage soon. Can use my laptop.

Hi Jason
I'll be able to help out on the Sunday, I'll come down what ever time and do what ever. Question; I know you might not have enough hands but do you think it would be a good idea to have 1 or 2 race marshals on the course? especially up the back or at the points where the different grades divert?
Yep, definately a good idea. It's something we did do in a few spots last year.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know where the go slow signs & the arrow signs we put from Withcott out are?

louispijpers

model citizen
I have the club first aid kit too Jason!
For the timing too, I think it might be better to just manually do it by grade (stopwatches and 2 people manually doing it for each grade)
The reason I say this is that the software takes some getting used to-and a 130 person race might be a bit difficult to manage without a bit of practice first, I can give you a rundown on it but so you can see if you'll give it a crack.

Last edited:

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
Just a reminder of the planning meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 7pm at The Spotted Cow to finalise arrangements for race day. Hoping for a good roll up. Cheers, Perry

diggerz

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'll be able to come down and help out with whatever you want, canteen or track marshall or something similar would be preferred, but I'm happy with anything!

Cheers!

Andrew Cavaye

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TMBC is hosting two rounds of the Wild West Summer Series XC races on the 10th Feb & 10th March. Please post up if you can spare a few hrs to help or can rope someone else in.

This is a bit of a cut and paste from last year, so forgive me if some of the items have already been taken care of in my absence over the last couple of weeks.

Parking area on the neighboring property organised? Permission from owner & area slashed? Yep, Ben has it sorted.
Porta Loos organised? Yep, Scott has this sorted
Council Permit organised? Yep, Jiel has this sorted
Plenty of flyers distributed around town? Yep, sounds like Perry and Steve have this under control
Club first aid kit located? Yep, with the timing gear.
Prizes organised from series sponsors? Yep, Bob is all over it
Are we going to set up a pre registration on the MTBA site?
Organise a Commisaire?

Who can volunteer on the day before?
Jobs will include:
Signage from Withcott to the track, including GO SLOW signs on Amos Rd - 1/2hr Timmy Holberton, Perry, Lloyd
Bunting of the course - 1-2hrs Perry, Lloyd, John Rafter, Jack Fitzy, Rod Hickey?, Pete Young? Jason to follow up Mark Farrington to see if any bunting leftover from previous years
Shopping for the BBQ/Drinks/Toilet Paper ;-) - 1-2hrs Mark Joy, Jason

Who can volunteer on the day?
Jobs will include:
Set up of easy ups & registration area - 6am ish Jason, Michael, Perry, Jaime
Car parking coordinator Steve
Registration - 7am-8am (Probably need 4-6 people for this) Michael Hazeldene, Perry, Jason, Jaime
Timing - 8am-9.30am (If 130 people show like they did for round 1 @ Adare, we should probably have 6 people for this, 2 for each grade?) Jason, Ryan, Perry, Deb, Ben's wife?, Lorretto
Track Marshalls- 4-6 people should be heaps. Lyle Jacobsen, Jaime McGuire, Lloyd Svenson, Andrew Cavaye, Timmy Holberton
BBQ/Drinks - 9.00am-10.00am (2-3 people) Mark Joy, Bob, Steve
Pull down of bunting after race - 9.30am-10.00am (2-3 people) TMBC members
Posting of results online. Jason/Ryan
Photo's? Rod Hickey, Pete Denyer?

Let me know if i have missed anything and i will add it to the list.

Most jobs on the day could be covered by the same 4-6 people & would require a total of 4hrs of your time. If your racing this is the time to get you Mums, Dads, WAGS etc involved. Without volunteers these events simply do not happen.
An update of the first post

cefiro

Likes Dirt
The BBQ and big easy up are at Pete shellshears house so someone will have to pick this up and u will also have to hire a gas bottle.
I have the esky and cooking gear and shirts who can I get this to ( there is toilet paper in this box)
Cheers Scott